free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OPT approval time

1. Does anybody know how long it is taking for Texas center to process OPT's based on F-1 application? All that my case status says is "we recd. your application blah blah blah" 2. How long does it take after they post "OPT approved...." for me to get it? Is it really two weeks?

1. Does anybody know how long it is taking for Texas center to process OPT's based on F-1 application? All that my case status says is "we recd. your application blah blah blah" 2. How long does it take after they post "OPT approved...." for me to get it? Is it really two weeks?

does nobodyhave answer to 2nd question either??!!

The USCIS listed Nov.17 2003 as the processing date for OPT based I-765. I would imagine you would get it in 2-3 months. As for delivery time, it might be a bit longer nowadays, but thats about right (providing USPS doesn't lost it).

I got mine in NE center in exactly 3 months.

Thanks Lucy. My application confirmation letter gives an 80 days projected time. I plan to go to the local BCIS center on the 91st day, if I don't hear from them by the 90th day!!! I have just crossed 62 days as of yet, unfortunately.

I hope you are looking for a job already or have one waiting for you. I have gotten my OPT EAD in September, and I got my job last wednesday. All this time I couldn't find anything. Good luck!

I know it all depends on your major.... Hope you have a good one...

Hey marmaduk and Lucy, my OPT has been approved!!! As of 27th Jan!!! Seems I should get the EAD in hand in 2 weeks, atleast that's what the International Center at School told me.

Lucy, thanks for your post!!! I had three job offers in hand and two in the pipeline, believe it or not. Unfortunately, I only need one job. Yes, I am fortunate to be in a field that has good demand right now, although pay is very average in my line of work. BUT its a good start!! I am very happy and excited - hey Marmaduk - I might still beat the H1 cap and get my H1 on premium. If I get my EAD in hand in 3 weeks, I may just getthe H1 and H4 for my husband!!!

hehe, congrats rb
    now go get that hubby of yours in here and out of singapore. he could use driving some cars instead of riding on those mrt all the time