free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got FBI Background Check Back

I got my fiancé's criminal background check back today. Not really sure how to interpret this. Here are the charges.

1. Conspiracy to distribute Drugs (Heroin)
    2. Conspiracy to engage in money laundering.

Those were her two charges from back in 1998. She was then deported.

However, on her record it also says "UNABLE TO ASSOCIATE DISPOSITION WITH CHARGE" ** Not sure what that means**

Is it going to be possible for us to get a fiance' visa or souse visa.

She spent 1 year in Jail here before she was deported.

Thoughts ??

I got my fiancé's criminal background check back today. Not really sure how to interpret this. Here are the charges.

1. Conspiracy to distribute Drugs (Heroin)
    2. Conspiracy to engage in money laundering.

Those were her two charges from back in 1998. She was then deported.

However, on her record it also says "UNABLE TO ASSOCIATE DISPOSITION WITH CHARGE" ** Not sure what that means**

Is it going to be possible for us to get a fiance' visa or souse visa.

She spent 1 year in Jail here before she was deported.

Thoughts ??

Someone12
    and just why do you want to marry this criminal? She did not have over due videos...she was helping druggies harm our society while scamming money....and what do you think she'll do 20 minutes after marrying you? Brains think, d.icks do not.

she was in the wrong place at the wrong time, its that simple.

bad things happen to good people all the time !!

Bad things usually happen to stupid people or weak people or both.

You can check with immigration practicing attorney but if she plead guilty to a charge that is classified as either felony or CMIT or/and convicted of crime for which a sentence of one year or more can be or was imposed (regardless of time served) then she will most likely not qualify for visa.
    She can apply for a waiver but the odds are she won't get it.
    http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

David,

You need to speak to a reputablie immigration attorney to determine if she is inadmissable at this point. You don't want to go through all the trouble of filing for her, paying all the associated fees and such, to learn she's not eligible for a visa. Sorry to say, but if she spent a year in jail, chances are pretty slim the US will allow her back in.

Good luck just the same.

i wonder what the chances would be to over-turn those convictions?

fact is, she was 18 and renting a room from someone and the DEA came in and busted everyone in the house regardless of their participation.

One thing is certain and that is: there are few things that are impossible.

What the chances are? Good question. You would need to get statistical data on people in similar circumstances who filed for waiver and got approval.

How old she was, how much she was involved, how she got busted and the rest is history.

Good luck.

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by David Jordan:
    i wonder what the chances would be to over-turn those convictions?

fact is, she was 18 and renting a room from someone and the DEA came in and busted everyone in the house regardless of their participation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not a lawyer, but I'm not sure a person can overcome convictions after serving the requisite jail time. It would be a matter of pardoning them at this point. Speak to a lawyer, please.

There are two separate subjects.

1.Is it possible?
    Yes. Almost nothing is impossible.

2. What are the odds?
    Study statistics. I would assume odds are less than winning a megamillion $$$ jackpot lottery, but i didn't look up statistics.

P.S. If you look for a lawyer don't ever pick one randomly from yellow pages or from public ads!

Key words: referral + respect for reference + very well known and experienced lawyer