50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: birth in mexico

I am an American Citizen (born here) and my husband is a Permanent Resident (from Mexico). My question is if I were to have a baby in Mexico, would we have a hard time getting the baby back into the U.S? Is there any procedure we would have to go through to get it home? Thanks for the reply, Rita

I am an American Citizen (born here) and my husband is a Permanent Resident (from Mexico). My question is if I were to have a baby in Mexico, would we have a hard time getting the baby back into the U.S? Is there any procedure we would have to go through to get it home? Thanks for the reply, Rita

YO CREO QUE NO TENDRIAS PROBLEMA SOLO NECESITARIAS PROBAR QUE ERES AMERICANA PARA MAS SEGURO CONTACTA EL CONSULADO AMERICANO MAS CERCANO A DONDE PIENSAS DAR NACIMIENTO A TU BEBE.TODO BEBE HIJO DE YA SEA PADRE O MADRE CIUDADANO AMERICANO NO IMPORTA EN QUE LUGAR DE EL MUNDO SE LLEVE A CABO EL NACIMIENTO ES AUTOMATICAMENTE CONSIDERADO CIUDADANO AMERICANO EN TU CASO EL BEBE TENDRA DOBLE CIUDADANIA MEXICANA Y AMERICANA. P.S. FELICIDADES Y ESPERO QUE TENGAS UN BEBE SANO

If your child is born in Mexico but you're, the mohter, a USC, the child is a USC as well by birth, so you can bring back the baby without any problem.

My son was born in Ecuador, we need to present proof that I am a USC and he will be issued a US passport. Call the consulate and ask what you need to bring as proof and the fees, you will have to bring the baby to the interview.

Rita,
    If you're a USC, why don't you drop your baby in the U.S. to make your life easier, so would not have to post this stupid question here and make your situation more difficult than it should be.

It's her choice where she wants to have the child. Maybe she is going to visit there and is thinking of the possibility in case she goes into labor while traveling.

Like they said, if you're going there, bring proof that's your a USC, like a passport and then they'll help you with that.