50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Bringing marital partner home

For a friend, honestly: If a USC goes to Haiti and marries a Haitian in Haiti, can't the new marital partner come home with the USC? So far I am only finding out that the USC has to come home and make applicatiosn and wait years.....I just can't believe that is true....there has to be a way that a married couple can be together in the USA without waiting years...the office in Haiti, by the way, has already denied him a visitor's VISA to come to the US even though they submitted everything to prove he is "qualified" and meets all criteria...so I told my friend, "Well you are going to get married anyway, just go there and marry him and bring him home", but she said that is not possible...how could that be true?

For a friend, honestly: If a USC goes to Haiti and marries a Haitian in Haiti, can't the new marital partner come home with the USC? So far I am only finding out that the USC has to come home and make applicatiosn and wait years.....I just can't believe that is true....there has to be a way that a married couple can be together in the USA without waiting years...the office in Haiti, by the way, has already denied him a visitor's VISA to come to the US even though they submitted everything to prove he is "qualified" and meets all criteria...so I told my friend, "Well you are going to get married anyway, just go there and marry him and bring him home", but she said that is not possible...how could that be true?

If they marry in Haiti, your friend should file for K3 visa when she returns home. The Life Act was passed so that immediate family members wouldnt be subjected to long wait times until a visa became available. I got married feb 3rd, and still my husband is on foreign soil. The K visa usually takes from 6 to 12 months in order to get the visa stamp.

I am not sure, but I heard rumors that there are two different visas out there. One is a resident visa and the other is a non-resident visa for spouses. The non-resident visa is supposed to take less time, but then they have to adjust status upon arrival!

There is also the possibility of DCF {direct consular filing} if Haiti offers that.

Anyone know more about the non-resident visa?

K visa are non immigrant visas by technicality. Its a special category created to lessen the wait times for fiance/spouse of USC. Its allows you to adjust status when you arrive in USA to immigrant. I think thats what spouse meant

By marrying foreigner doesn't mean you can bring your partner to US without proper visa. The visa is K3. If Haiti has DCF, do that! Its the fastest. It will take less than 3 months and the best part is your spouse will be Permanent Resident when its approved. No more hassle to do AOS (Adjustment of Status). Your spouse even can work immediately without need to appy EAD. It all set from the embassy in your spouse's country.

Never ever enter US by visitor visa after marriage coz' the POE will send your spouse back with the next plane.