50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Russian Fiance

I met my fiance six months ago online. Originally, we wanted for him just to come to the USA on a fiance visa but there is an issue about having proof of meeting by having pictures together. He decided to visit. Since that decision, we get closer and love each other more every day and do not want to part once he comes to visit..(also, it seems a shame to waste all that money on plane tickets and such). Can we get married while he is here and if so, will he still have to go back to Russia and come back on the fiance visa? Thanks

I met my fiance six months ago online. Originally, we wanted for him just to come to the USA on a fiance visa but there is an issue about having proof of meeting by having pictures together. He decided to visit. Since that decision, we get closer and love each other more every day and do not want to part once he comes to visit..(also, it seems a shame to waste all that money on plane tickets and such). Can we get married while he is here and if so, will he still have to go back to Russia and come back on the fiance visa? Thanks

If he gets a visa and enters the US knowing he is getting married, then he is doing something illegal.

The fiance visa is by far the safest way. It may take a little longer than you hoped but if they suspect at all that he came here knowing he was going to stay, you'll be in a lot more trouble.

Hope that helps

In case you don't know, it is big business for
    Russian women searching USA men to marry. There are plenty businesses that offer one-stop package deals for airline, hotel, meet a russian woman, wedding, Immigration Lawyer, etc.

On the other end, the Russian women have been coached how to minipulate the USA system to get a Green Card + quick divorce + financial support from the USA citizen. Domestic violence is one of the quick-tactics since the US system always favors the woman in court and with special rules which give carte-blanc to immigrants.

So watch out because you don't know this person that you are so willing to marry!! Would you marry someone from the USA that you barely know? Why would you marry a foreigner that you barely know? The foreigner surely has a lot to gain and you haver a lot to loose.

Take a look at what Masona posted in this forum on 7/22

dodger

tell you a trueth, even your fanice is VERY pretty, but i can tell you you are lied By him,really. after years once he got his GC, you will see his true face. , you fool.anyway, you lost a lot, he got a lot, that is it

Vika, listen to the advice given here. They are wise, though a bit paranoid. If you really belong to each other, time is of no essence. It's hard being apart but it's my humblest opinion that you should get to know each other better. If he can come over for a visit, good, but do not file anything for him, not just yet.

As they say in Russian, Astarozhna. Be careful, for it is true, you have a lot more at stake than this person you care for.

I wish both of you the best. Give it time, then I'm sure everyone here will be more than willing to guide you on what to do.