50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: marriage with a permanent resident : please help me

A US permanent resident has proposed marriage with me. I am in Nepal. He is also a Nepalese citizen. Right now, he is also in Nepal for sometime. He wants to marry me. My parents want me to be married with me. I find him a nice man. He came here to get me. I think I want to be married with him.

But the question is: can I get visa to come to the US with him right after the marriage? Or I will have to wait? What should we do as he wants to come to the US soon after the marriage to join his work? How long will I have to wait, if so, to fulfill the visa procedures if it takes time? Please help me. It is vital in my decision to get married.

A US permanent resident has proposed marriage with me. I am in Nepal. He is also a Nepalese citizen. Right now, he is also in Nepal for sometime. He wants to marry me. My parents want me to be married with me. I find him a nice man. He came here to get me. I think I want to be married with him.

But the question is: can I get visa to come to the US with him right after the marriage? Or I will have to wait? What should we do as he wants to come to the US soon after the marriage to join his work? How long will I have to wait, if so, to fulfill the visa procedures if it takes time? Please help me. It is vital in my decision to get married.

I am a permanent resident married to a citizen of a non visa waiver country. We have been married nearly 2 years. I filed I 130 to bring her to the U.S. inJune 2001. I estimate it could take another 2 years when I will be a U.S. citizen before she can come here. Neither can she visit during the waiting period.

Be prepared for a wait of at least 5 years, unless your husband can become a U.S. citizen in less time. That is the situation for the spouse of a greencard holder.