50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: See how usefull this website really is

I've posted several quesitons on this website but never found any good answears... Now i really need to know this, My mom and my family are having our interview I-485 to adjust status to pemanent recidency in less then a month, will it be a problem if my mom doesnt work with the employer that sponcered her?? She is getting old and sick, she cant stay working her whole life.... The question weather she is still employed by the employer might come up during the interview? Someone please help

I've posted several quesitons on this website but never found any good answears... Now i really need to know this, My mom and my family are having our interview I-485 to adjust status to pemanent recidency in less then a month, will it be a problem if my mom doesnt work with the employer that sponcered her?? She is getting old and sick, she cant stay working her whole life.... The question weather she is still employed by the employer might come up during the interview? Someone please help

One of the key things in the standard operating procedures for AOS to get a GC is compliance with previous immigration laws, visas while they were here.

So they will go through her file, check her information and if it looks fine. She'll be fine. Now if something looks suspect, they *can* ask her questions. Now if she volunteers the info, that's one thing. But if she's asked and she has to tell the truth, unfortunately she'll have problems. So yes, of course many people just "lie", but it's a major risk. Yes you have no motivation to tell the truth, since the consquences are both the same if you do or don't tell the truth. So it's hard to say. But i'd definately get an immigration lawyer consultation to find out just how badly she was out of status, and could it affect her interview.

But one good thing is - the interviews for family-based aos's aren't that picky. The grilling is usually for marraige interviews, etc. Since that is where most of the fraud is.

Now if she is old and sick -- you can probalby get a doctor's note about her not being able to come ot ht interview due to being bedridden.

-= nav =-

Thank you for replying, but the interview is based on an employment sponcership... She isnt employed at that place any longer... So it isnt a family based interview...