free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fake SSN

My wife has a pending adjustment of status case, but can't work in the meantime. We have a child, and I took a job with a fake SSN. Taxes are withheld, but I never file a tax return so I let the govt keep my refund. My job gave me a letter questioning my SSN. Is there a way I can go straight and honest and get a SSN and pay taxes in legally without this immediately alerting me with INS? Do they have some kind of amnesty program for this?

My wife has a pending adjustment of status case, but can't work in the meantime. We have a child, and I took a job with a fake SSN. Taxes are withheld, but I never file a tax return so I let the govt keep my refund. My job gave me a letter questioning my SSN. Is there a way I can go straight and honest and get a SSN and pay taxes in legally without this immediately alerting me with INS? Do they have some kind of amnesty program for this?

I forgot to say that I applied for a permit but was turned down.

What about applying for an ITIN - individual taxpayer identification number - this number is for taxpaying purposes only and has nothing to do with your right to live and work here. I honestly don't know what you need to get one, but check the INS website for info. I know folks who have these.

Social Security Office is mailing unmatched SS numbers, that's why you get the letter. How is your wife adjusting her status? Did you consult a lawyer? Just a warning, any fraud you are committing may cause you big trouble in the future.

That's what I was wondering, is it already too late for me to fix this and to go straight, and should I bury this as deep as I can, or maybe there is something I can do to be legit with my tax number even if I'm not legit yet to work?

....want to go straight....please be aware that your username can well be thought as a desire from your part to be heterosexual in case you are homosexual....of course if you think yourself to be gay (better not in America LOL)

I never thought of that

.....want to be legit....does this mean you are illegit?

I agree with guest. Look into a TIN number...