free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Complicated Re-Entry issue.... pls help

Thanks for looking..... truly appreciate your time

I am currently in LA. I need to travel internationally for 2 weeks next week, I have few concerns on traveling using my current H1B visa in expired passport.

My current H1b visa sticker is valid till Nov 03 but is in my expired passport. My I94 was issued just till Apr 03, the date of my old passport expiry date. I already got my new passport and filed for H1B extension (normal processing) and waiting for an approval.

My question is, if I travel abroad.. will I have a problem returning back to US with my current valid H1B visa (in old passport)? Will my expired I94 cause any issue? I will be carrying with me my old passport with valid H1b visa, new passport, I797 valid till Nov 03, pay stubs and evidence of filing my H1 extension.

Thanks again

Thanks for looking..... truly appreciate your time

I am currently in LA. I need to travel internationally for 2 weeks next week, I have few concerns on traveling using my current H1B visa in expired passport.

My current H1b visa sticker is valid till Nov 03 but is in my expired passport. My I94 was issued just till Apr 03, the date of my old passport expiry date. I already got my new passport and filed for H1B extension (normal processing) and waiting for an approval.

My question is, if I travel abroad.. will I have a problem returning back to US with my current valid H1B visa (in old passport)? Will my expired I94 cause any issue? I will be carrying with me my old passport with valid H1b visa, new passport, I797 valid till Nov 03, pay stubs and evidence of filing my H1 extension.

Thanks again

You have to gp to consulate to transfer the H1B to new passport.You must take the Extension application with you, But still you have risk to be stuck outside,
    You have two choice, You can either wait for h1B extension and then travel, Or you can travel now and renew your PP and transfer the Old H1 To new passport, Consulate may ask you for the extension application as your H1 validity is less then 6 months.
    Its a discussion, not a legal advise..