free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: K-1 Interview Questions

Hello Everyone,
    I wanted to know is there anyone on this board who has filed the K-1 Fiance visa for the first time and there fiance has had the interview and has had no problem. Basicly I am asking if anyone who has never been married and has only been engaged and is filing K-1 for there fiance. I would like to know how there interivew went and if they got approved at the first interview. I am not trying to be picky so any one else who is fileing it after a remarriage(K3) or for a marriage please forgive me I am not trying to be rude. I just want to know if people who have been engaged for the first time and are applying for K-1 Visa what was there interview experience like. Did the Embassy people give him/her a hard time or they ask or give a 2 minute or 5 to 10 minute interview and said they have been approved? I do not mind feed back from anyone from any embassy they went. But if we have people from the Embassy in Mumbai please please post. Thanks
    Vpatel
    P.S. Please post even if the interivew was not in Mumbai.

Hello Everyone,
    I wanted to know is there anyone on this board who has filed the K-1 Fiance visa for the first time and there fiance has had the interview and has had no problem. Basicly I am asking if anyone who has never been married and has only been engaged and is filing K-1 for there fiance. I would like to know how there interivew went and if they got approved at the first interview. I am not trying to be picky so any one else who is fileing it after a remarriage(K3) or for a marriage please forgive me I am not trying to be rude. I just want to know if people who have been engaged for the first time and are applying for K-1 Visa what was there interview experience like. Did the Embassy people give him/her a hard time or they ask or give a 2 minute or 5 to 10 minute interview and said they have been approved? I do not mind feed back from anyone from any embassy they went. But if we have people from the Embassy in Mumbai please please post. Thanks
    Vpatel
    P.S. Please post even if the interivew was not in Mumbai.

Vpatel,

I guess I fulfill all your requirements. My husband filed the I-129 on my behalf at Vermont. It was approved in two months. I went to the US Embassy in Peru and apply for my K-1 visa. None of was peevioulsy married or had kids (which I think is an advantage). My interview had two steps.

First I talk to a peruvian woman. She was the one who ask "data" and wrote everything in a paper: how you met, when you met, how many times he came here and you went there, when you will marry, what do I do for living. She asked for the proof of relationship and all the documents you have to bring (visa forms, medical examn, payment, taxes, etc). She told me to wait.

Second: After 15 minutes, an american guy called me. First he asked me to swear to tell the truth. He asked me a couple of the old questions again (maybe to check if I give the same answers). Next question: does your fiance speaks Spanish? I said no so he started speaking in English (the rest of the interview was held in English). He asked me details about my husband job (address, his duties). And that was it. For me it was really easy, no problem at all. He was very nice all the time.

Now, I think I had a couple things in my favor: I had a current tourist visa (so actually if I wanted, I could have travel and married without going through all that fiance process). I brough my income taxes, which are not required but I wanted to prove that I dont need and GC in order to make good money. And finally, my hubby is a federal law enforcement officer so maybe that gives him more credibility.

I honestly think that as long as you have a real relationship, the visa interview will be a piece of cake.

Unless of course your interview is in Mumbai...

Yeah as Julie said unless its in Mumbai. Appartently it doesn't matter if you have been married previously or not to them. My fiancee hasn't been married before but I have. I have a worked for a federal agency for almost 20 years no advantage there either for us. He had 3 interviews and we had a ton of evidence of our relationship but after 3 interviews we are now waiting while the file is being administratively reviewed. I e-mailed the vice consul and her reply to me about the time frame was "to get on with our lives" These people don't care if you want to be a family or not.