50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: complaint

I am comp conslt. Right now my H-i is with the company i got sponsored. I have not done any project so far. Have no stipend paid by them and neither coverage Health. I need to make a complaint . how do I ? Where ..the add. etc. any help here ? What will happen to my h-i?

I am comp conslt. Right now my H-i is with the company i got sponsored. I have not done any project so far. Have no stipend paid by them and neither coverage Health. I need to make a complaint . how do I ? Where ..the add. etc. any help here ? What will happen to my h-i?

Have you actually reported to/started work yet? If not, how long have you been waiting to start work? What efforts have you taken to get them to assign you to a project, or to provide you with an explanation for why it has not happened? It is difficult to tell if complaining would be appropriate (let alone effective) without more facts.

Although your company really should be employing you and is not supposed to be able to "bench" you (i.e., not pay you if you are not directly working on a project), keep in mind that your H1-b is tied to that company, and if they fire or lay you off, your H1-b would not allow you to work for another company and you would have to go home.

If this company is not willing/able to actually employ you, you could try to find another company that may be willing to sponsor you for another H1-b (the current company would probably be open to this if the problem is that they simply do not have the work right now, since they ought to recognize that they have put you in an awkward position). If the "new" company filed for you before your authorized stay is up, you would not necessarily have to return to your home country for an H1-b with the new company to issue.

Since i have come it is 2 yrs and have not got into any project. what happens from here my h-1 expires in sept 2003 and my husband is awaiting to apply and join me.the co. ceo say the market is bad. ????