50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: to every intolerant person on this board

ok i have to raise my oppinion because i read so much of intolerance that i get sick. people get mad because someone is overstaying their visa. u guys are sounding really like racists. i think it should be everyones right to live where they wanna live and there shouldnt be such paperwork and regulations. not everyone is a criminal or had planned to overstay their visa.in some situations it just happend. think of... you would meet the person of your dreams but you are NOT able to stay because the law tells you too. lets say you get a joboffer you always were dreaming off but you cant stay because you re visa says you cant do it since you cant change a status within the states.
    u know if you wouldnt had all the illegal immigrant you would die under all your garbage. it isnt that they get paid for sitting around. you make it sound like that they get money from the goverment. this people are hard working humans who are trying to survive. to eat and to have a roof over their heads. people who know take advantage of them and pay them shit. but still they do it since they need the money to survive. and i am pretty sure you have done your stuff your shouldnt be proud of. so stop making it sound like those people killed someone or are from another planet. and believe me nobody wants to be where their are.

ok i have to raise my oppinion because i read so much of intolerance that i get sick. people get mad because someone is overstaying their visa. u guys are sounding really like racists. i think it should be everyones right to live where they wanna live and there shouldnt be such paperwork and regulations. not everyone is a criminal or had planned to overstay their visa.in some situations it just happend. think of... you would meet the person of your dreams but you are NOT able to stay because the law tells you too. lets say you get a joboffer you always were dreaming off but you cant stay because you re visa says you cant do it since you cant change a status within the states.
    u know if you wouldnt had all the illegal immigrant you would die under all your garbage. it isnt that they get paid for sitting around. you make it sound like that they get money from the goverment. this people are hard working humans who are trying to survive. to eat and to have a roof over their heads. people who know take advantage of them and pay them shit. but still they do it since they need the money to survive. and i am pretty sure you have done your stuff your shouldnt be proud of. so stop making it sound like those people killed someone or are from another planet. and believe me nobody wants to be where their are.

I agree. I grew up in conservative family and I used to be a little negative toward immigration, illegal immigration in particular, but now I see things differently. I see all the crap and disrespect that my husband puts up with because of being an immigrant and it makes me mad. He is a respectable, hard working man who is not getting hand-outs from anyone.

I basically agree too, although I take some exception to statements like "without immigrants you would all die under all your garbage"; to me, that sounds like "lazy American" bashing, which is just another variation of the same type of intolerance and sterotyping you are complaining about. Most Americans (whether native or immigrant) are basically hard-working and mean well (even those that have mistaken views on the immigration issue).

Also, I do think that immigration laws are a necessary evil. There have to be some limits and controls on who moves where; otherwise, we really would end up with complete chaos. And this is not just an American viewpoint, as pretty much every country around the world places has some kind of rules and regulations about immigration (and it is worth noting that a lot of countries have immigration systems that are far more restrictive and racist than the one here). Any time those types of rules exist, there are going to be people who run afoul of them (whether they mean to or not), and unfortunately, there will be consequences for that.

In addition, as much sympathy as I feel for folks who come here looking for a better life, sometimes it does seem like what would be best for them as individuals (i.e., being able to come here) and, for that matter, the U.S. (welcoming them in as a valuable source of labor and talent) is not necessarily what would be best for the world as a whole. There is no doubt in my mind that many countries around the world are worse off because so many of their best, brightest, and hardest-working people end up coming here to the U.S. There is also no doubt in my mind that the best answer for a country like Mexico, for example, is not to have their people move en masse to the U.S., but to have a government and an economy that did not consistently fail and frustrate those same people at every turn.

All that being said, it is true that our current system is a mess, and that the laws we have now frequently result in completely inhumane situations, with families being literally ripped apart because one member is being deported while the others are able to stay here. We also have ridiculous backlogs in the system, forcing people to put their lives on hold while they wait for a decision in the case. And yes, our policies have resulted in a large undocumented population, which is vulnerable to being taken advantage of by the unscrupulous. Reform is long overdue, and while I am not optimistic than any perfect immigration system will ever be put into place, I do think that change for the better is inevitable within a few years.