publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: DESPERATELY NEED ADVISE !!!!!!!!

Is anyone here waiting for their social security number for longer than normal? I understand it usually takes 2 weeks but now with all the changes it's now taking 2 month that's what I was told when I applied in December. It's way past the 2 months, it's now 4 months and still info not downloaded to their system by BCIS. I applied with EAC now I have I-551 stamp in book will that make a difference? Please any advise pertaining to this situation or a similar situation will be greatly appreciated. Do you think going to BCIS myself and speaking to one of the officers they will make a difference? I am so confused, I thought that the worst was over after waiting soooo long for the interview appoval notice and so on. As anyone been to SSA recently to apply for a new card and got it in the 2 weeks or 2 months? I don't know what to think. What about reapplying at anothe SSA office do you think that can be done or is it wrong?

Is anyone here waiting for their social security number for longer than normal? I understand it usually takes 2 weeks but now with all the changes it's now taking 2 month that's what I was told when I applied in December. It's way past the 2 months, it's now 4 months and still info not downloaded to their system by BCIS. I applied with EAC now I have I-551 stamp in book will that make a difference? Please any advise pertaining to this situation or a similar situation will be greatly appreciated. Do you think going to BCIS myself and speaking to one of the officers they will make a difference? I am so confused, I thought that the worst was over after waiting soooo long for the interview appoval notice and so on. As anyone been to SSA recently to apply for a new card and got it in the 2 weeks or 2 months? I don't know what to think. What about reapplying at anothe SSA office do you think that can be done or is it wrong?

??????

Anyone?Anyone?Anyone knows?

Visit social security office, tell that you have not received your SS eard applied earlier. Tell them that you want to re-apply again.

TO MELISSA:

It is true that it takes only 2-4 weeks to receive a ss card in the mail, however it can take more longer if ss office could not able to contact INS to verify your status thru the system which just placed last year only. In this situation, ss office requires to send your data maually thru mail to the INS office for verification and you should know the bureacracy of the INS since they have lot others more important work to do thesedays, but in any situation it should not take more than 60 days no matter what, otherwise ss office needs to inform you thru letter that they can not issue you a ss#, which you did not receive yet, right.

It is also possible that ss office's request to INS may have lost in the mail or may be ss office already sent you card which has been lost in the mail or someone has grabbed it, as you know thesedays all kind of things going on. Anything could be possible.

Don't be panic. You need to go back to the same office and inquire about the status of your card. They could be able to tell you right away about it since it never takes that long no matter what. I strongly believe that your card has been lost in the mail. If this is the case, ssa can able to send you another one after verifying your complete address to make sure that you will receive it in the mail since sometimes little typograhic mistake by ssa can cause this kind of problem, after all they are human being also. I wonder that you have waited that long specifically when ssa informed you that it will takes only 2-3 weeks.It is yr mistake that you waited that long, so do not wait any more and go right away, and be sure that they have your right address.

Applying to another ssa would not do any good to your case since all yr information and status is in the system. The another office will do the same what this office have done and would do, nothing different. pl let me know the status of it. Good luck.