50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Fiance visa interview problems

My fiance went for his interview in Kingston, Jamaica today. We expected no problems as we have encountered none thus far. He called me and we were cut off so I don't quite yet know the whole story, but he said he was asked a couple of questions that he did not expect (?) and the guy told him to 'hang onto his passport' and that he would 'call him back' as he needed to further process his paperwork before issuing the visa. Does anybody know what this could be about? There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with the situation, no attempted entries, no crimes, no nothing. He wasn't denied, he was just told that they would 'call him back'. We are frantic...now the airline tickets are no good.

Has this happened to anyone before and what was the outcome?

My fiance went for his interview in Kingston, Jamaica today. We expected no problems as we have encountered none thus far. He called me and we were cut off so I don't quite yet know the whole story, but he said he was asked a couple of questions that he did not expect (?) and the guy told him to 'hang onto his passport' and that he would 'call him back' as he needed to further process his paperwork before issuing the visa. Does anybody know what this could be about? There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with the situation, no attempted entries, no crimes, no nothing. He wasn't denied, he was just told that they would 'call him back'. We are frantic...now the airline tickets are no good.

Has this happened to anyone before and what was the outcome?

I can only speculate what the "problem" might be. I can tell you about 2 "problems" my fiancee had. The first was her police report, which did not have her maiden name listed. The interview was rescheduled for 2 months later. At that time, the second problem arose: her little girl had the measels and couldn't attend. The K-2 interview was then rescheduled for 2 weeks later. They both have their visas now.
    I'd be curious to hear what your fiancee's situation turns out to be.
    Kent

After pressing him for answers, it turns out that the officer believed 'things didn't add up'. I guess Craig got so nervous that he just sort of made stuff up instead of saying "I don't know" or whatever. The guy asked a lot of questions about a relationship I had with a former boyfriend who came to the U.S. and returned to Jamaica. It appears that the officer was trying to find out if I am attempting to bring two men into the U.S. that are friends so they can be together. Craig totally blew the interview, instead of saying that they are NOT friends and that he doesn't know why we broke up but he does know that he's back in Jamaica he totally fabricated some stuff because he thought that's what the guy wanted to hear! (No, the TRUTH is what he wanted to hear). He also totally screwed up the dates when we first started being 'serious' (i.e. sex) and they overlap with the time I was with my former boyfriend! My guess is the guy is trying to prove that Guy #1 is back in Jamaica, but they have said they need ten working days. My airline reservations are useless, wedding plans need to be changed. AGAIN. Keep you posted. I am FURIOUS with him.

I am real sorry to hear about that Coleen. Here's hoping that things will work out.

Claud

Hi Colleen,

You have not posted an update with your situation. Did the Kingston Consulate finally provide Craig with his Visa?

Hi ColleenK,

Just surfing in between this Immigration Forum and ImmigrationPortal Forums and came across your post. You don't know me, but I am so sorry to hear about what happened.

I have told my husband that when he has his interview, that if he doesn't know something, say "I don't know."

Just hoping for this process to all be over soon.

I am waiting on the approval of the 129F (K3) visa to be approved as well as the I-130 petition.

Sincerely,

Fatmah Louise

No news yet. I have called the Embassy, I have sent faxes and e-mails and no response. He has gone down there to ask what is the problem. They said come back in two weeks if you haven't heard anything. I have now called my Congressman's office and they will be checking in but I don't know anything yet. We've cancelled the plane ticket (supposed to be for today) and wedding plans. An immigration attorney that I know has told me that he thinks they suspect fraud and that I should fly down there and straighten it out, but maybe it's something minor.

It might be a good idea to listen to the attorney. Immigration attorneys don't usually suggest something out of the ordinary unless they believe it will do some real good. I am sorry you are going through this. Let us know how it goes.

Here is what the USA consulate does:

1. If they want to refuse you visa, they just say it straight and that's it.
    2. If they want to give you visa, after a couple of questions you got it.

So, in your case, we talk about something unusual, which means that they are checking into something before they say if you will got the visa or not. Checking into something that needs time, more time than just some hours. So, you have nothing to worry about, it might delay, but you will get the response for sure.

So, just wait and see.......