50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Separation before removing CPR

Hey guys let me ask you. If am a married conditional PR and then I separate after filing I751 but before getting a decision on the form, what are my chances that I will get the PR?

It has become increasingly difficult to maintain a marrige!

Hey guys let me ask you. If am a married conditional PR and then I separate after filing I751 but before getting a decision on the form, what are my chances that I will get the PR?

It has become increasingly difficult to maintain a marrige!

I AM WITH THE SAME ISSUE, BUT WORST, I AM GOING THROUGH DIVORCE PROCEEDINGS, MY SERVICE CENTER IS VERMONT, I FILED IN JANUARY 2003 AND THEY ARE TAKING 20 MONTHS TO PROCESS THIS FORM, I WILL BE PROBABLY DIVORCE THEN, AND I AM AFRAID IF THEY CALL ME TO AN INTERVIEW

Have you talked to a lawyer about this? Me am trying to hang onto the marriage. My center is Texas.

Am just wondering whehn this paper will start processing the I751s!!! They have stopped working on them like in last 3 months.

answer please for Josto would help me also.

Josephine:

Your question "If am a married conditional PR and then I separate after filing I751 but before getting a decision on the form, what are my chances that I will get the PR", follows my question posted elsewhere wbout my husband's chances of getting PR in our situation. If teh service centers are taking so long to process I751, does that mean that he would have to stay separated until he receives the PR, before he files for divorce? We received just one letter from our service center, Nebraska, when the BCIS received our I751, stating that the application had been received, that my husband conditional status had been extended for one year and that he ws free to travel and work, but not to be concerned if we did not hear for 6 - 8 months. Does that mean he will gt the PR in 6-8 months from that letter?

It means they will process your I751 in 6-8 after that check with them if you have not got a decision.

It means- BCIS is very busy and can not process I-751 for at least another 6 months, thereby, it is not necessary to check the status on it for at least another 6 months. Meanwhile, they have extended conditional status automatically for another year until decision is made on I-751.

I have answered in detail on another topic "annulment" to the situation presented by original poster here.

And just for original poster of this thread, I don't get annoyed [as you said on another post when I have cleared up some misunderstanding to you] especially when I'm making normal communication or by clearing up something which is simply not true. I'm always a cheerful person and do this helping stuff out of my nature, instead of my obligation. Be remember.