free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IM Married illigal....and need help.PLZ REPLY

Hi to anyone who has helped me out in the past and want to help me out now.
    i just got married ...since i was adviced to do so. ive been here since i was little and married a USC. so now what can i do???? do i start filing for citizenship?, i might be pregnant...does that affect me?. i would really appreciate any kind of suggestions on what kind of forms i should start filling out. thank you..

Hi to anyone who has helped me out in the past and want to help me out now.
    i just got married ...since i was adviced to do so. ive been here since i was little and married a USC. so now what can i do???? do i start filing for citizenship?, i might be pregnant...does that affect me?. i would really appreciate any kind of suggestions on what kind of forms i should start filling out. thank you..

I am a USC that is married to an undocumented immigrant. We talked with a lawyer last week to find out what we can do to change the status. The lawyer said it is a 3 step process. We have need to have all accouts joint. Things that are helpful are checking, Sam's club. File taxes joint. Beneficiary must be signed to spouse such as 401k, life insurance. Have lots of pictures and any proof we have been together for the time we stated. The next step is to file the I-130. It should take about 18 mths. At the time of approval there will be an interview date in which will be set in the home country of alien. The lawyer said to expect to be there about 6 mths. At this point a waiver will be issued for entering the us undocumented. When the waiver and interview are complete the medical examine will be done. At the time of re-entry to the US my spouse will have the green card. Hope this is of some help to you and good luck.

Oh my god??!.. so you mean.. i would have to go back to where i was born and assist an interview there??!!... Why i thinks its really dumb if ive been here practacly all my life...Plus my spouse has kids here and he wouldnt be able to travel that far. what other info could you give me besides this...i would really appreciate it...thanks

If I were you I'd go into one of the lawyer chats on monday, wednesday or friday and pose your question directly to an attorney. The chat starts at 7, you need to send your question in a few minutes early. Link is on the left side of this page.

The easiest way is to hire an attorney. Family based petition is very simple. You will file I-130 Petition and I-485 Form to adjust your status and I-765 - employment authorization. Do you have any prior convictions?

I have been to a lawyer and according to her you have to go to your home country for the interview if you came her undocumented. If you are an overstay then you can probably do it here.

Kay?..
    even if i was brought here when i was young???!!! i mean i dont even know anything about where i was born and dont know anyone there!!!...

Daisy?..

I want to hire an attorney but the truth is since i just moved to another state its been really hard for me to find a job that pays cash. im still looking. and i know it will be very expensive when i do hire one to pay for his/her services. and yes.. when i was about 11 or 12 i was charged with a felony... but it was a very personal cause...not really my choice...i wont get into detail ... but they gave me court and community service...stuff like that. now isnt that weird.??? i dont get it...when that happend why didnt they just send me back...if they knew i was illegal?!!! well anyways.... im scared of filing for anything right now because what if they want to send me back once i start... and if im pregnant...will they still send me back?!! i wont leave my family for anything in the world...id rather die.. so i dont know if i should wait a while longer...

what do you guys think i should do???!!!!
    please reply.

Guatemalan,
    You must be the youngest person in this forum. You speak (write) like a child. No offense.

INS doesnt care if you dont know anybody in your former country, nor even if you speak the language (I am sure you speak Spanish). Those are not excuses for staying in the US. It doesnt matter if you are pregnant or if you have kids, either. Your kids have different rights. If your baby borns here (or abroad but the USC recognizes as his) the baby will be a USC.

The only thing I find that may help you is the fact that you came here as a minor. One of my friends has a relative who overstayed here with her little daughter. They asked a lawyer and he told them that if the kid returns to her country and then asks for a visa to the US, the 10 year bar wont be effective in her case because she didnt overstay willingly. Now, in this case, the little girl enter with inspection (you told you didnt). And she hasnt overstayed as an adult yet (she is still a kid). It was only a legal inquire.

I dont think the law prescribes what to do with your particular case. The only way to be sure would be by looking rulings in deportation cases (deportation who came without inspection when minors).

Cayita: well thanks for replying. and yes maybe i do talk and write like a child...thats because im only 18! not old at all.
    Im sure there is something that can be done about my case i just need to look harder and do more research.
    Thanks

[This message was edited by guatemalan19432003 on October 02, 2003 at 03:38 PM.]