Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: adjustment of status

Dear Mohan

applied for adjustment of status in April 2001. No reply until now. Is the process still on. Is this on hold? How long it will take to get a reply. It is under RIR. Anybody knows. Anybody in this boat.

pls reply

Dear Mohan

applied for adjustment of status in April 2001. No reply until now. Is the process still on. Is this on hold? How long it will take to get a reply. It is under RIR. Anybody knows. Anybody in this boat.

pls reply

Did you receive a receipt? Did any of your checks get cashed by INS?

I applied through the lawyer. I didnot ask him for the receipt. He told me he sent all the papers on 23rd.

adjustment of status can only be done with an advice from DOL (if petition it thru employment). When you say RIR it means you are in the process of getting an LC (labor Certification) to prove there are no qualified LPR (legal permanent resident) or USC (united States Citizen) for the job. It usually takes 18-24 months fro the whole LC to be process (approved or denied) if approved you can now file your petition and adjustment of status concurrently. when did you start the process? preferably, when did the State DOL recieved you application? you lawyer should furnish you a copy of receipt from DOL. If you dont have one, demand it from you lawyer.

i just checked DOL and California state is processing Feb 2002 and Regional is processing Jan 2002. If your lawyer sent all the paper's by April 2001, you should have an answer by now. If not fax DOL an inquiry.

I will call my lawyer to get the details. In the meantime, I applied in New York. My lawer told me since there are lot of applications pending, and also New York will take loger time.

Anyway thank you for your advise.

If DOL deny my application, do I have to leave the country?. pls let me know

NY state workforce agency (SWA) is currently processing april 2001. once ther done it will go to the Regional Processing center. For NY Regional they are currently processing Jan 2003 which means current.

if you dont have h1-b you must leave asap. if you have valid h1-b your LC denial will not make you leave the US. you can petition this denial or find anouther sponsor and another job. you have to start all over again. talk to your lawyer.