50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Processing Time for k-3 Visa

Could anybody please give me a rough idea, on how long it takes to get the approval for a K-3 Visa (for wife). I applied to Missouri Service Center and application "acceptance receipt"¯ date was Sept 1st 2002.

Thanks
    Guy

Could anybody please give me a rough idea, on how long it takes to get the approval for a K-3 Visa (for wife). I applied to Missouri Service Center and application "acceptance receipt"¯ date was Sept 1st 2002.

Thanks
    Guy

My experience with my wife out of MSC was 3 months to get the K-3. Now keep in mind that MSC was actually done in about 60 days. It took another 30 days for the U.S. consulate in Canada to issue it for her. What U.S. consulate gets your wifes Visa could affect the time as well. Canada was very fast.

Thnanks you for your response. Its now 60 days but I have not heard any response. I guess I have to wait. Though the recording does say 60-90 days processing time. For canada I guess its faster

Thanks again
    Guy

I don't know about the visa processing center in MO, but the NE service center rec'd my 129F back in early July and I still haven't heard back yet. They told me it would be 70-100 days before receiving a response. I had the offices of the senators in the state I live in also call to expedite in addition to my lawyer, and it has now been 133 days. I checked on other INS offices and they seem to be moving faster than Nebraska. Did you receive a receipt from the INS office yet? It will tell you approximately how long it will take before they get a chance to review your application/petition. ( I 130)