publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Will status be affected from Divorce?

Hello dear friends..well ive come across a bit of a problem. I have been married to a man for about a year and a half, who is from s. asia, and he got his conditional green card, naturally because im a USC.
    The problem is, i have a psychological problem, we cannot have intercourse, or a *** life together and he wants a family and the doctor told me i cannot do this for him.
    I want to file for a divorce because this has made our marriage life a huge mess, my question is, because of my incapability to conceive children, as well as please my husband, will that affect his status if we get divorced, because i have already filed and we both wanted to make sure his status wont be affected. Thank you friends.

Hello dear friends..well ive come across a bit of a problem. I have been married to a man for about a year and a half, who is from s. asia, and he got his conditional green card, naturally because im a USC.
    The problem is, i have a psychological problem, we cannot have intercourse, or a *** life together and he wants a family and the doctor told me i cannot do this for him.
    I want to file for a divorce because this has made our marriage life a huge mess, my question is, because of my incapability to conceive children, as well as please my husband, will that affect his status if we get divorced, because i have already filed and we both wanted to make sure his status wont be affected. Thank you friends.

it will effect his status if you file divorce before removal of conditions. this removal will take place after two years of marriage, he will be eligible after two years to remove condition.
    Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Wait till after his removal of condition to make sure he is going to be OK.
    You allways can get a divorse later.

Nick

Yes, Mohan and Nick are right. Certainly he will lose his status when you divorce him and will be subjected to deportation proceedings and eventually deported. It is better you wait till the condition removal to make sure he is ok.

My situation, was very similar to Electra007's and in my case, I wrongly assumed he was cheating on me. The lawyer I talked to misguided me and told me my ex husband will not lose status even after divorce. I went by that, and after the divorce was final he received removal notice. They denied the conditional waiver I don't know for what reason. I should have waited for a few months to complete the two years. I was not two years of marriage, it was two years from the date he was issued the GC. It was only a matter of months. I later found out that it was my fault for wrongly accusing him of infidelity. He lost his job, sold his home,etc. It was/is really hard for me to see him go back to his country and I am going to REGRET FOREVER for what I have done to him. My advice for everyone is to wait for a few months to make sure he maintains his status.

Rhea

Well, I totally disagree:
    did you get married to get "him" a greencard or did you get married for the reasons the institution of marriage was ment for?

If there are inconsistencies, if you are not compatible anymore - maybe you weren't from the very beginning? the last reason to stay married should be his greencard; your making yourself an accessasory to fraud!

RHEA BENNETT:

Could you find out why was his waiver denied?
    Maybe it was because of the ground of the divorce that you use.

Please let us know.