free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do they know about me?

Just out of curiosity (I don't anticipate any problems in future, as I haven't lied, etc.): I was just refused entry to the US (couldn't prove strong enough ties to Canada, especially since I have a US boyfriend) and was wondering what records the INS keeps on me. They're always going into the back and photocopying things, looking up or typing mysterious things into computers... What information about me do they have access to, and after they're done with me, what new information is available next time? Will I be "flagged" and questioned every time I try to enter the country? It always bothers me so much how little information about what's going on they seem willing to give me at the border. I've been refused before (the official didn't think I had enough cash on me for the length of my stay -- now I always bring much more than I need!), and the guy behind the desk seemed pretty inconvenienced just to tell me why I wouldn't be let in...

Apart from all of that -- being a 20-year-old student, does anyone have suggestions as to how I could make a stronger case for showing an intent to return to Canada? I still live with my mother, so I can't show them proper "evidence of foreign residence" and I don't have a permanent job (I work occassionally for my mother, and do web design work -- all I need to do to get by). School doesn't help me, since it's by correspondence. Am I hopless unless I buy my own place or get married? Guh. They don't seem to consider that I'm young. Am I meant to have a career by now? This is one case where I wish they DID have mind reading devices -- to know that I'm telling the truth. The part that bugs me is that had I lied about my situation, I most likely could have gotten through.

Just out of curiosity (I don't anticipate any problems in future, as I haven't lied, etc.): I was just refused entry to the US (couldn't prove strong enough ties to Canada, especially since I have a US boyfriend) and was wondering what records the INS keeps on me. They're always going into the back and photocopying things, looking up or typing mysterious things into computers... What information about me do they have access to, and after they're done with me, what new information is available next time? Will I be "flagged" and questioned every time I try to enter the country? It always bothers me so much how little information about what's going on they seem willing to give me at the border. I've been refused before (the official didn't think I had enough cash on me for the length of my stay -- now I always bring much more than I need!), and the guy behind the desk seemed pretty inconvenienced just to tell me why I wouldn't be let in...

Apart from all of that -- being a 20-year-old student, does anyone have suggestions as to how I could make a stronger case for showing an intent to return to Canada? I still live with my mother, so I can't show them proper "evidence of foreign residence" and I don't have a permanent job (I work occassionally for my mother, and do web design work -- all I need to do to get by). School doesn't help me, since it's by correspondence. Am I hopless unless I buy my own place or get married? Guh. They don't seem to consider that I'm young. Am I meant to have a career by now? This is one case where I wish they DID have mind reading devices -- to know that I'm telling the truth. The part that bugs me is that had I lied about my situation, I most likely could have gotten through.

It may sound surprising to you but Department of State (which handles US consulates) isn't as logical or organised as it may appear. Their system of refusal is rather random. In your case the US boyfriend definitely caused it, but if that weren't the case, one day your visa may have been refused and the next day approved. They will stamp your passport for rejection of visa. But as far as I know they do not refer to the computer, were you to apply the next time. However, if and when you do apply you must definitely tell them the truth about rejection.

My tourist visa was refused at a Mumbai counsulate in 1990 (as a 20-year old student) and approved in 1996. It is lot tougher to get a visa from Mumbai than Canada.

The second time I was smarter and worked hard on preparing my case as well as psychological makeup for the interview. I didn't disclose the fact that both my siblings were in the US. I was to visit US on an invitation from a friend for hiking. I am a genuine hiker, and produced photographs with my American hiker friends (genuine) and the invitation letter (concocted). In addition I had other facts on my side:
    health papers indicating my mother's heart condition
    property deed in my name
    letter certifying my employment
    passport showing more than a dozen countries I had visited

But most important was mental conditioning. I was relaxed and ready to answer any question they would throw at me. Don't lose heart.

Great, so you forged your way into the country...and let me guess, you never left!

USANY

That burns you up! Demogrpahics are against you!

Please try to spell big words correctly. As for the Canada chickie, every entry and exit into the USA is recorded in the system, as well as refusals/attempted entries. In addition, border patrol is beefing up security to prevent people from simply coming in and never leaving.

It doesn't burn me up. She will get caught. There are many Americans like me who report illegal aliens to the INS. Remember, you can run, but you can't hide.

USANY
    SINCE YOU HAVE NO USEFUL IMFORMATION TO ADD

He only fans the flames...

dear child... do you have any idea how many lives you could ruin by doing this? Doesn't something like separating families (or other loved ones) and possibly even starving people... just so you can have a power trip weigh on your mind?

Well, I won't trouble myself too much... I'll just let you face those questions on judgement day... because seriously.... it is a moral issue and your immature tattletale style can really hurt people!

As for you CTC - I agree with Sue. Just hang in there and be next time you try to cross... just watch what you say.

I seriously doubt that USANY and some others like him, believe in God... If they believed Him just a little bit, they would fear Him for what they are doing to people here...

Keep following the devil!!!