free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Humanitarian Reinstatement

My father, was the petitioner of I-130, past away in 9 days after the case for his daughter’s family of 4 was approved. Letter from NVC got lost, after request for the copy, his granddaughter name disappeared from this letter. When he applied for I-130 - she was 14, got approved - 19, NVC submit the letter (08/06/2007), which got lost - 21.
    My mom still in a deep depression, after she lost her husband. It was my father last wish, to unite the family.
    Please help us out. What we have to do? Any advices will be so appreciated.
    Thanks in advance and have a blessed day.
    Mila
    mila.ctr.goldman@faa.gov

My father, was the petitioner of I-130, past away in 9 days after the case for his daughter’s family of 4 was approved. Letter from NVC got lost, after request for the copy, his granddaughter name disappeared from this letter. When he applied for I-130 - she was 14, got approved - 19, NVC submit the letter (08/06/2007), which got lost - 21.
    My mom still in a deep depression, after she lost her husband. It was my father last wish, to unite the family.
    Please help us out. What we have to do? Any advices will be so appreciated.
    Thanks in advance and have a blessed day.
    Mila
    mila.ctr.goldman@faa.gov

Hi Mila,

There is a LAW that was passed a couple of years ago that was intended for the cases as yours. You will need to request to Reinstate the Visa Petition that normally would have been revoked by the Death of the Petitioner. The same thing happened to me andf that is what my Lawyer did.

Search Google or take a look at the link below for more info. Bottom line, you must have an alternate sponsor that will submit an affidavit of support ( Must be related to you).

http://www.rreeves.com/immigra...ONER_WHATS_NEXT.html

Mila,

That Law is very helpful for Filipinos, whom are mostly affected by the situation like us. Are you pinoy too.

Thank you so much and god bless you

U R Welcome. Glad i could be of help.

FOOLS!!!! "TAE"!!!!!

Depression???? Pinoy Never Reveal That Even if So!!! Gain Compassion #1 TOOL!!!!

100,000,000 Hail Marys and look to your Miracle Prayer!!!!
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">JCWin indicated that the surviving beneficiaries law was created for filipinos. Makes me wonder. There must be a lot of sponsor deaths to require a special law for those sponsored. Why the high death rate? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some of the petitions can take years to be processed depending on the category under which they filed. Take a look at the current I-130 processing times from the CA Service Center.

Notice for a USC filing for anything other than immediate family member (first preference) it's anywhere from 2005 to 2001! It's quite possible the USC sponsor could die before the application is processed.
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Thank you so much for all responses. I think if one of the parence died and another still waiting, than case has to be re-assign to another parent.

JCWin said: "That Law is very helpful for Filipinos, whom are mostly affected by the situation like us."

Davdah said: "JCWin indicated that the surviving beneficiaries law was created for filipinos. Makes me wonder."

The former poster said that 'the law is very helpful' for Filipinos. The latter poster twisted the statement to mean that the former meant to signify that 'the law was created' for Filipinos.

The law in point was HR 1892 entitled "Family Sponsor Immigration Act of 2001, "To amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to provide for the acceptance of an affidavit of support from another eligible sponsor if the original sponsor has died and the Attorney General has determined for humanitarian reasons that the original sponsor’s classification petition should not be revoked."

Philippines is one of the four countries (the others are Mexico, India, and China) that are bound to benefit from this law due to lengthy family-based preference petition processing times and serious visa retrogression where petitioners pass away in the interim after I-130 approval but before immigrant visa issuance.

High death rate? Hahaha!

Oh boy, oh boy! This happens when somebody puts his nose into a conversation where he knows little or none about the topic. It reestablishes one's character of being a real dumb-dumb.