50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: GC issue: Father & son

About three & half years ago, a child received a conditional GC immediately upon his arrival. The I-751 - removal of conditions - was sent in March 2002. But the CSC processing time on I-751 shows August 2002. (15 months & counting)

His dad has 10 years GC but his son does not have it yet.

Will the fact (with an action of notifying BCIS) that his dad's 10 years GC help speed it up? Is this something we can do nothing but let BCIS hold his son a "paperwork" hostage?

Their GC are marriage-based.

Thank you.

About three & half years ago, a child received a conditional GC immediately upon his arrival. The I-751 - removal of conditions - was sent in March 2002. But the CSC processing time on I-751 shows August 2002. (15 months & counting)

His dad has 10 years GC but his son does not have it yet.

Will the fact (with an action of notifying BCIS) that his dad's 10 years GC help speed it up? Is this something we can do nothing but let BCIS hold his son a "paperwork" hostage?

Their GC are marriage-based.

Thank you.

Father should have applied for his Citizenship a long time back. As for son is concerned, he can check status of his I-751 online at www.immigration.com.
    There is possibility that if Immigration issued some letter, that might have been misdelivered. Anyway, you will know status of your I-751 immediately online.
    Good luck.

Umesh Passi,
    The 10 years GC is *recently* issued to child's father. Meaning that he will have to wait 3+ years toward Naturalization if he remains married to USC. The clock begins at the receipt of GC approval toward Naturalization even though they are married for almost 4 years.

Sorry, I do not think BCIS provides on-line status on individual's I-751.

It is strange that father's status "eclipsed" his son's status. Is there anything we can do to have his child's GC conditions removed sooner? Should BCIS be informed of his parent securing the 10 years GC already to help speed it up?

Thank you.

Clock for citizen start clicking when passport is stamped for AOS which means Conditional GC. So father has already completed 3 years as Permanent Resident. He is eligible for Citizenship.
    It seems that child's letter might have misplaced so it is better to contact Immigration immediately. I-751 can also be checked online.
    Good luck.