50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: AOS Interview in Newark approved

Wife was approved for AOS yesterday. I must say it was very easy. The hardest part was waiting for an hour till we were called. Here is our history:

11/02 filed 485-AOS, 130-family petition, 765-Employment authorization, G28-Lawyer to represent us.

12/02 Received letter stating our dates that we should hear something back from them by. They said we should hear about EAD in Feb. AOS in April, and 130 would be done by Sept.

01/03 Received letter for fingerprinting, fingerprinting took place 2 weeks later.

02/03 Received letter to get EAD. Went to local office in Newark, waited about 4 hours, and received EAD, same day went to social security to file for SSN. That was around the end of FEB. They said 12 weeks. They were wrong.

7/03 Received SSN took much longer than 12 weeks, with that in NJ was able to get NJ drivers license

8/03 Received letter for AOS interview, interview was 3 weeks later, but we have been planning for it all along. The interview went very well. Lawyer never had to say anything. Interviewer was very nice. Lasted about 10 minutes from Oath to hand shake goodbye. No video or anything. Asked us a few questions each and then APPROVED. She has stamp that is good for one year and we should get green card in 6 months.

My advice is to be prepared. We had all our originals in one set of folders and I had an entire set of copies for interviewer to keep if she wanted. Interviewer was very impressed that we were that organized. This information we have been gathering since before the wedding. So now we wait 21 months and then have conditions removed.

My thanks to all who helped. I will still be on the board to answer what questions I can.

Wife was approved for AOS yesterday. I must say it was very easy. The hardest part was waiting for an hour till we were called. Here is our history:

11/02 filed 485-AOS, 130-family petition, 765-Employment authorization, G28-Lawyer to represent us.

12/02 Received letter stating our dates that we should hear something back from them by. They said we should hear about EAD in Feb. AOS in April, and 130 would be done by Sept.

01/03 Received letter for fingerprinting, fingerprinting took place 2 weeks later.

02/03 Received letter to get EAD. Went to local office in Newark, waited about 4 hours, and received EAD, same day went to social security to file for SSN. That was around the end of FEB. They said 12 weeks. They were wrong.

7/03 Received SSN took much longer than 12 weeks, with that in NJ was able to get NJ drivers license

8/03 Received letter for AOS interview, interview was 3 weeks later, but we have been planning for it all along. The interview went very well. Lawyer never had to say anything. Interviewer was very nice. Lasted about 10 minutes from Oath to hand shake goodbye. No video or anything. Asked us a few questions each and then APPROVED. She has stamp that is good for one year and we should get green card in 6 months.

My advice is to be prepared. We had all our originals in one set of folders and I had an entire set of copies for interviewer to keep if she wanted. Interviewer was very impressed that we were that organized. This information we have been gathering since before the wedding. So now we wait 21 months and then have conditions removed.

My thanks to all who helped. I will still be on the board to answer what questions I can.

Congratulations.

Congrats!!!

Can you post the questions that the interviewer asked you too?

And also can you list the documents that you have prepared? How about photos? did u have a separate package for the interview too?

Thanks

Interviewer asked How we met. When we met. When I proposed, where I proposed. When and where married. Who was there. They asked where we were born and when. Asked each of our parents name. I had to answer questions about my wife and her about me. Quite easy if you are in fact married and living together.
    We had originals and copies of every phone, long distance, cell phone, bank statements, insurnace statements, medical records, affidavit letters and 4 photo al***s. We brought much more than they asked and we were very organized which interviewer liked alot. If you are truly married and know each other it is a breeeze. If you are faking it and don't have proper paperwork to show a true relationship, it will be very hard on you.

congrats!!

Krys, congratulations!. Would you pls answer a question for me? Can you adjust status to a permanent resident with the I-130 pending? Thanks.

You can apply for AOS at the same time that you apply for 130, but I do not think BCIS will advise you that the AOS has been approved until the 130 has been approved.

Hi Krys!
    Congratulations!
    What country was your wife immigrating from?
    It has been a year since my husband and I filed now and we are waiting patiently for our interview!
    good luck in our future!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!