50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: DS-230 Question Please help

I have a question about one question asked on the Part one of the DS-230 and one question on Part II of DS-230

In Part I of the DS-230 form in line 17. It ask for mothers Family name at birth? I know that means last name. But I wanted to knwo for the Middle name since I am helping my fieance fill this form out. Do they want the middle name after marriage for my Fiances mother or the middle name for her mother before her mom was married? Why I ask this is becuase in the DS-230 form in line 16 and line 18 they ask about current address. Now since my fiance mom and dad live together and I was to give the same address for both her mom and dad. I thought it might trigger an alarm if I put my fiances moms middle name before marriiage. Since it asked for the mothers family name at birth first I thought the wanted the middle name at birth first also. if some one can please clear this up for me that would be good. Baiscly do I need to place the middle name of my fieances mom after she was married or before she was married. Also in Part II from the DS-230 Question 35 has to be done by the counsular. I wanted to know what would my Fieance say from the choices given it she was asked what she claims to be. if som eone can please answer that also. I need help
    Thanks,
    Vpatel

I have a question about one question asked on the Part one of the DS-230 and one question on Part II of DS-230

In Part I of the DS-230 form in line 17. It ask for mothers Family name at birth? I know that means last name. But I wanted to knwo for the Middle name since I am helping my fieance fill this form out. Do they want the middle name after marriage for my Fiances mother or the middle name for her mother before her mom was married? Why I ask this is becuase in the DS-230 form in line 16 and line 18 they ask about current address. Now since my fiance mom and dad live together and I was to give the same address for both her mom and dad. I thought it might trigger an alarm if I put my fiances moms middle name before marriiage. Since it asked for the mothers family name at birth first I thought the wanted the middle name at birth first also. if some one can please clear this up for me that would be good. Baiscly do I need to place the middle name of my fieances mom after she was married or before she was married. Also in Part II from the DS-230 Question 35 has to be done by the counsular. I wanted to know what would my Fieance say from the choices given it she was asked what she claims to be. if som eone can please answer that also. I need help
    Thanks,
    Vpatel

fiance's mom family name is the name she was born with, this would include her birth first, middle & last.

WHAT DOES IT SAY ABOVE QUESTION 35?IT SAYS DO NOT WRITE BELOW THE FOLLOWING LINE,THATS ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW.
    AS TO YOUR FUTURE MOTHER IN LAWAS NAME,
    MANY PEOPLE HAVE TWO NAMES SAY FOR EXAMPLE MY SISTERS NAME IS ELIZABETH ALEXANDRA,SO IT HAS NOTHING TO DO IF SHE IS MARRIED OR NOT.AND USE HER LAST NAME(MAIDEN,BEFORE SHE WAS MARRIED),THEY DONT NEED TO KNOW HER SECOND LAST NAME WICH IS USED IN MANY COUNTRIES BUT NOT IN THE US.AS TO THE ADDRESS IF THEY LIVE TOGHTHER USE THE SAME ADDRESS FOR BOTH.