50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Legal Resident and marraige.

I won the visa lottery years ago and after living here for a couple of years i went back to my Country to marry my childhood sweetheart. Now i am
    told it will take five years for the paper work to be done and have her move here with me. Can anyone explain this? What kind of sick mind came up with a law that purnishes and humilate people who came here legally? What exactly is the purpose of this law if not to keep families apart hoping their lives disentigrate? How can a great Country have laws that has total disregard for family values and unity?

I won the visa lottery years ago and after living here for a couple of years i went back to my Country to marry my childhood sweetheart. Now i am
    told it will take five years for the paper work to be done and have her move here with me. Can anyone explain this? What kind of sick mind came up with a law that purnishes and humilate people who came here legally? What exactly is the purpose of this law if not to keep families apart hoping their lives disentigrate? How can a great Country have laws that has total disregard for family values and unity?

These laws were written and approved by a small group of people, but unfortunately they affect a huge amount of people. Laws are created to prevent bad things from happening again - that's why we have laws against theft, rape, etc., created in an effort to deter people from committing the crime. Someone had to commit the crime to make the law and penalty necessary. The laws are a mess, and I'm sorry for your frustration. But one reason the laws are so messed up is the uncontrolled influx of illegal immigrants and the problems their presence can cause. Our government in its FINITE wisdom is trying to control immigration with complicated laws and forms, when it should be militarizing all the borders. Don't take it so personally, and keep trying to get through the process. The government is misguided, and not all of us Americans agree with the current laws and regs. I hope you are able to get your sweetheart here. I wish you the best of luck.

its the backlog