publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: visa waiver,third country national...

Hi,
    I think Ive posted similiar question here and on visda pro in the past,but without ever any real answers,so if anyone here has any advice Id sure appreciate it..
    The question I have is,my boyfriend[german citizen] is here[USA] on visa waiver program,and that will be up first part of october.
    I have read the BCIS website stuff over and over again,but does anyone have any working knowledge of a third country national enttering through Canada?
    Basically we have a trip planned mid september to Victoria Canada on the Clipper,when he reenters the country on our way home,will they reissue him a new visa waiver with some sort of a back date,it clearly states the old one muct be surrendered on the way out of the country..,and you are given only the remainder of the original visit,since to my knowledge all visa waivers are good for 90 days,I can only assume then they must have some way of making an adjustment to the re-enter date???
    Also it says at the officers discretion a new one can be issued at the disrection of the officer if the person is traveling on a "signatory carrier"..To my understanding that is a commercial airline,normally,I suppose also some sea going vessels,that have an agreement with USA to return passengers if they arent admitted..Ive tried calling Victoria US immigration office many times and I just get a message to leave a message,this is the only advice the people at the Victoria Clipper can give..
    Quite honestly we are just trying to get some time,there is alot of things we wanted to do when he was here this time and he would like to stay through my birthday..And yes we knew how long three month was when he left,that it would be before my birthday
    I know he can go back to germany and reenter that way,but we are just trying to save some money on airline tickets..I only live about 100 miles from the canadian border..
    We are trying to do everything within the law,the last thing we want to do is get into any trouble,it just seems if it is at all possible to save money and air travel if at all possible.
    Thank you so much in advance for reading,and any advice is greatly appreciated..
    Bunny

Hi,
    I think Ive posted similiar question here and on visda pro in the past,but without ever any real answers,so if anyone here has any advice Id sure appreciate it..
    The question I have is,my boyfriend[german citizen] is here[USA] on visa waiver program,and that will be up first part of october.
    I have read the BCIS website stuff over and over again,but does anyone have any working knowledge of a third country national enttering through Canada?
    Basically we have a trip planned mid september to Victoria Canada on the Clipper,when he reenters the country on our way home,will they reissue him a new visa waiver with some sort of a back date,it clearly states the old one muct be surrendered on the way out of the country..,and you are given only the remainder of the original visit,since to my knowledge all visa waivers are good for 90 days,I can only assume then they must have some way of making an adjustment to the re-enter date???
    Also it says at the officers discretion a new one can be issued at the disrection of the officer if the person is traveling on a "signatory carrier"..To my understanding that is a commercial airline,normally,I suppose also some sea going vessels,that have an agreement with USA to return passengers if they arent admitted..Ive tried calling Victoria US immigration office many times and I just get a message to leave a message,this is the only advice the people at the Victoria Clipper can give..
    Quite honestly we are just trying to get some time,there is alot of things we wanted to do when he was here this time and he would like to stay through my birthday..And yes we knew how long three month was when he left,that it would be before my birthday
    I know he can go back to germany and reenter that way,but we are just trying to save some money on airline tickets..I only live about 100 miles from the canadian border..
    We are trying to do everything within the law,the last thing we want to do is get into any trouble,it just seems if it is at all possible to save money and air travel if at all possible.
    Thank you so much in advance for reading,and any advice is greatly appreciated..
    Bunny

No one has any advice????
    Bunny.....

When he re-enters the US he will be questioned about his intentions. Many VWP travelers think they can extent their stay by visiting either Canada or Mexico but this does NOT extend the 90 day limit.

I was in the same situation once to visit friends in Canada with my US g/f and was taken apart upon re-entry on belief of visafraud.

Everything worked out fine but it was still a scary experience as you have no legal rights as a VWP traveler.

I must say this was right after 9/11.

When you do decide to take the trip make sure he has his planeticket on him which proves he has intent to leave the country on time.

Keep in mind that an immigrationofficer has the right to refuse entry any given time and you have no appeal.

Good luck.