free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Immigration Liars

This message is addressed to all the Immigration lawyers who do not know the law and who take their clients for a ride. You should be ashamed of yourself. You should be disbared. You give a bad name to all the others. This site is "pro lawyer" but how easily we forget a lot of lawyers are crooks and abuse people. Remember you do not need a lawyer for immigration purpose since it is an administrative system. Some very competent paralegals can do the SAME work for a lot LESS. Just pick the right people to help you !

This message is addressed to all the Immigration lawyers who do not know the law and who take their clients for a ride. You should be ashamed of yourself. You should be disbared. You give a bad name to all the others. This site is "pro lawyer" but how easily we forget a lot of lawyers are crooks and abuse people. Remember you do not need a lawyer for immigration purpose since it is an administrative system. Some very competent paralegals can do the SAME work for a lot LESS. Just pick the right people to help you !

Who said this site is "pro lawyers". It is not.

I have been asking a few questions to several Immigration Lawyers and as unbelievable as it seems, each time, I get 3 or 4 differents answers that completely contradict each other.

Its just like one doctor would tell you that you have nothing, another one that you have cancer, another one that you will die tommorow and another one that you will live for 200 more years even if you smoke 10 packs a day.

I know that Immigration Law is not an exact science, but I dont think its a random lottery either.

Lawyers do that to mess up with your mind, so that they can manipulate you the way they want in order to get as much money as possible from you.

I think not all lawyers are bad, but I got screwed. I trusted the advice of an attorney and my parents didn't file paper work so i could be here legally. This attorney took a lot of years from my life. My advice is to get more than one opinion.

So do you plan to kill that lawyer now?

I went to a lawyer who wanted $2000.00 to file a I-130. He gave me the creeps. He kept talking about how immigration is just like a chess game and how he did his doctoral thesis on chess! I'm so glad I didn't hire him. I'm just doing it myself. I'd rather do it myself and fail than pay a lawyer loads of my hard earned money to fail. I really feel sorry for poor undeducated immigrants who can't read or understand English very well. They can easily get dooped by lawyers who try to scare them. I am a college student and know how to reasearch, so I've been able to inform myself pretty well about the options in our situation, but I can just imagine some poor old illiterate person who speaks little English trying to figure things out. They would be up the creek without a paddle. They could only turn to a lawyer who would be in a position to take a lot of thier hard earned money. It just makes me so mad to think about it.

"Mad" you're right -- yet I think immigrants should put up with the discrimination and the way America works.

I agree with all of you people. I hate the fact that a lot of people are being scamed because they simply don't know the language. But in my situation I am trying to find a good immigration lawyer to help me do things right, because you don't want to make mistakes when dealing with BCIS, specially because I am not very familiar with U.S. Immigration Law. How do I find a good one?