free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VAWA

Please advice best lawyers or organisations who deals under WAVA. Situation so bad for me and kid, but he is very intellegent and smart to let it go out of house. No witneses.I am here for 4 yeras. Kid for 2.We married so. But he wants apply for departation. Is he alloved? No AOS passed yet.

Please advice best lawyers or organisations who deals under WAVA. Situation so bad for me and kid, but he is very intellegent and smart to let it go out of house. No witneses.I am here for 4 yeras. Kid for 2.We married so. But he wants apply for departation. Is he alloved? No AOS passed yet.

here is the best link for you to read:

http://www.law.seattleu.edu/access2j...%20Article.pdf

You should contact Catholic Social Service or other women organization and seek their help. If he has sponsored you already and your AOS is pending, you can self petition as a Battered Woman. These CSS and other Organization will help you to get GC. May be you can get some Pro Bono attorney, who does Immigration Cases to apply for you as a Battered Woman.
    Try to seek legal help before he takes any other step.
    Good luck.

thank you. Just if you have any idea how to apply as battered woman, and any advice where to get this kind of help? what is Pro. Bono.?

Where do you live?

You first have to call the police to arrest him and file a police report the next time he hits you. You have also must press charges and get an order of protection.

If you have not done this, there is no proof that he is abusing you.

This needs to be true, otherwise you get go to jail for filing a false police report.

Once you take steps to get away from this man, you can recieve assistance on filing for the GC on your own.

Let me know how things are going.

Tatoo, there are many shelters for battered and abused women out there. Call your local church or look up on the web for your area that you are residing in.

You do not have to file a protection of abuse to be put into placement into one of these homes and there is also no charge. From there, they will guide and direct you into helping you filing charges against this man, help you find assistance for you and your children, so on and so forth. These shelter homes are very secretively hidden so it makes it very hard for the abuser to find you and your children.

Please, for your protection and your children, contact someone as soon as possible and they will help guide you and get you to where you need to be.

I wish you the best of luck and God Bless and Protect you and your children.

To Tatoo:
    Pro Bono are Attorneys who give free legal advise and fight some cases for free. You can get a list of Pro Bono Attorneys from Local Bar Association or you can contact Legal Aid Society in your area for help. You can also get help from Catholic Social Services in your area or other organizations. Once you can prove that your spouse mistreated you, then you can file as a battered woman. These attorneys and CSS etc. will help you in this matter.
    Good luck to you and your kids.

I would be glad to call police.
    But he is intellegent enought and do not touch us.
    He is mental abusive.
    He din't alloved us to go out, compline then i don't work( i work in his Co office), but when i get any appointment to interwiev to go to work to other place, he doesn't allow me to go to work then,
    he doesn't let us keep in touch with people,
    noone allowed visit me or kids at home, he doesn't give us any money, buys food by himself, and tells that no need at cloth because i am at home anyway. Worst that he scaring me dayly that he will file divorce of deportation. He wants me to leave house, but how i may do it????
    I am for 5 years here, Kids for 2. I have no place to go. But he just yell, he didn't hit me.
    Is it gives me rights as battered woman?
    What proofs i can show?
    Thank you.

Verbal, mental and emotional abuse are a little harder to document than physical abuse, because there are no visible marks, but this is still abuse. Two things - every time this occurs WRITE IT DOWN. Write down every incident you can remember, and be specific, the time it happened, what was said, everything. You may need this later. You might want to contact your department of social services, child protective services - a very good friend of mine supervises a unit in CPS here and said you need immediate help, and that may be a good place to start. This is affecting your children (I think you said you have 2?) and you have to stop him. I'm very sorry for your situation and hope you can get help. Good luck.