publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Out of Status Marriage / Advanced Parole Question?? Please HELP!!

All,

I was hoping someone can help me with this.

I came to US as a student and got my degrees and been working in IT field. However I been out of status. I am getting married to my fiance, who is a USC, end of this month. Should I start the immigration procedure immediately after the marriage or wait a few months? Also, about 5 yrs back I was charged with false insurance claim, a felony I believe, would that pretty much guarantee I will not get approved? Stupid mistake when I was young in school. Does anyone know of a GOOD immigration lawyer in Georgia/Florida or South area and how much do them normally cost?

Thank you folks.

Sean

All,

I was hoping someone can help me with this.

I came to US as a student and got my degrees and been working in IT field. However I been out of status. I am getting married to my fiance, who is a USC, end of this month. Should I start the immigration procedure immediately after the marriage or wait a few months? Also, about 5 yrs back I was charged with false insurance claim, a felony I believe, would that pretty much guarantee I will not get approved? Stupid mistake when I was young in school. Does anyone know of a GOOD immigration lawyer in Georgia/Florida or South area and how much do them normally cost?

Thank you folks.

Sean

If you have been working without authorization and you have a felony to boot, you will need legal counsil in order to make the right move.

Doing something wrong or incomplete at this point will jeopardize your chances of adjusting. There are attorneys on this page and at www.aila.org
    Try a local one who does not charge for a first consultation. they may be able to refer you to a smart immigration attorney.

good luck

Hi Sean:

"Also, about 5 yrs back I was charged with false insurance claim, a felony I believe, would that pretty much guarantee I will not get approved?"

When you say you were charged--what do you mean exactly???

There is a big difference in your chances to get legalised, if you were just arrested. Did you plea guilty?? Were you CONVICTED in trial or ACQUITED???

If you were just arrested but NOT CONVICTED, all you need is a recent police clearance showing you are not in trouble and also a certified COurt Judgement that was in your favor.

If you plea and or are CONVICTED!!!! Then , you will need a SUPER GOOD LAWYER to help you.

Lawyer or NO Lawyer, you will need to do a lot of research yourself. Ask around, educate yourself on the matter---help yourself even if you have a lawyer.