50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Processing Times - I-129F - NSC

Does anyone on here have a receipt date of December, 2002 for a Fiance Visa, that was filed at NSC? If so, have you been approved yet? If anyone has recently been approved, what was your receipt date, and what date were you approved? I'm trying to get a "feel" for when my case will be approved. I'm thinking any day now, but I'd like some solid information. Thanks

Does anyone on here have a receipt date of December, 2002 for a Fiance Visa, that was filed at NSC? If so, have you been approved yet? If anyone has recently been approved, what was your receipt date, and what date were you approved? I'm trying to get a "feel" for when my case will be approved. I'm thinking any day now, but I'd like some solid information. Thanks

I am filed for Jan 03, 2003 and have heard nothing other than acknowledgement. Still waiting and biting my nails.

Also, does anyone know if a wide age difference between spouses makes any difference? Does anyone have experience with this issue?
    Harry

I'm sorry, I should have said 'potential spouses.'

The age spread is 35 years. Yeah, I know, but if it works for her and works for me...who else's business is it? People marry for a lot of different reasons, and I don't remember motives as having anything to do with the process. (At least as far as the regulations are concerned. To discriminate on an age basis would be 'agist' and that is as bad as racism for my money.)

Harry

Based on the experience of friends, the BCIS will almost definetly question you about the age difference. It will raise their suspicions and you will probably have to go through a bit more questioning to prove that you have a legitimate relationship. So my advice would be to be prepared for the interview, make sure you have all the documentation you can provide (wedding pictures, cards, rental receipts, utility bills, joint bank statements, correspondence, etc.) and that you have a lot of knowledge about your spouse (their family, friends, history). If the relationship is truly legitimate and you are prepared, it shouldn't be a problem, though I have seen some people who were caught off-guard experience significant delays when asked to provide more proof of the relationship.