50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I-864 FEDERAL POVERTY LINE!

IAM CURRENTLY IN THE US CAME IN ON THE VISA WAIVER SCHEME FROM UK( AND MARRIED TO A US CITZEN) I AM CHANGING MY STATUS TO PERMANENT REDIDENCE AND FILLING IN MY FORMS, BUT HAVE A QUESTION. WE ARE FILLING IN FORM I-864, (AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT) BUT MY WIFE DOES NOT MAKE THE MONEY ABLE TO SUPPORT ME BECASUE SHE IS A STUDENT STUDYING AT UNIVERSITY.SO WHAT CAN WE DO, DO WILL FILL IN THE FORM AND PUT DOWN THAT SHE DOES NOT MAKE 125 PERCENT OF THE FEDERAL POVERTY LINE. AT THE MOMENT WE ARE LIVING OFF OUR SAVINGS. ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREAT! I AM ALSO FILLING IN FORM I-485 BECAUSE I WANT TO WORK.

It's my understanding that in that case a person would have to get a second affidavit of support, from relative, friend, etc. But in your case if you have proof of ample savings it could be that's all it would take. Hopefully someone who knows more definitely will respond to your post. Also, you could ask the question in the law chat tonight. The link to it is on the left and you need to be there a few minutes before 7 to get your question in.

Dear friend

l understand that you came under a visa waiver and you got married to a U.S citizen.
    My first question to you is : did your wife file the I-130 for you? Second: Did you file for the I-485, the G-325 and the I-765?
    If none of all has been done, take care of that first.
    If you have done that,
    My second question to you is : are you working and making the 125% of the federal poverty guideline ? if yes,you have not to be worry about anything your W-2, your employment letter and your tax return file ''married filing jointly'' will be sufficient to justify your qualification.If you don't work, you will have to find a sponsor who can be relative, a friend, or a family member to fill the form I-864 for you, with revenue according to the Federal poverty guideline for the sponsor, depend of the State where you are.

Rost

You can use your savings to qualify. You have to have five times the difference between your income and the cutoff line in savings. I've also been told that you have to have had it in the bank for at least a year.