publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Filed in 1998, illegal alien , 1-301???

ok i am new to all the mumbo jumbo involved with immigration terms, and laws. I am a USC, and my fiance is illegal alien. He came to the USA in 1997. He went to the immigration office in 1998 and filed all the necessary paperwork. Well here it is 2002, we have not heard anything from the INS office.I started dating him in 1999 so all the info is new to me. But I know he did file. I know he entered in the country illegally. And i know the worst thing he has on his record in the 5 years of being here is a speeding or a parking ticket. We have a business, and He pays his taxes, we file all the required paperwork necessary, so there are no problems with uncle sam. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, need to know if there is any way possible, what-so-ever to get him papers. I love him soooo much and i could not bare with someone taking him and everything we have obtained together, because he is not a us citizen and does not have a green card. What is the new thing that they are trying to pass I-301 or something like that. Will that help him, in any way? I know that you are probly just regular ppl like myself, but at one point and time you have been in my position, or know someone who has. I am begging you, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me. I have currently taken it in to my hands, to help him get citizen status here. I am going to consult with lawyers all this week. If any of you know the best lawyers in the Charlotte NC area please tell me........ Hell it can even be in nc for that matter. I just need some one who is going to fight for us, and help me obtain what i need. Money is not an object. I will pay $10,000 if i have to. As long as it is guarenteed, that he will get his papers. thank you and any advice helpful is much welcomed.

ok i am new to all the mumbo jumbo involved with immigration terms, and laws. I am a USC, and my fiance is illegal alien. He came to the USA in 1997. He went to the immigration office in 1998 and filed all the necessary paperwork. Well here it is 2002, we have not heard anything from the INS office.I started dating him in 1999 so all the info is new to me. But I know he did file. I know he entered in the country illegally. And i know the worst thing he has on his record in the 5 years of being here is a speeding or a parking ticket. We have a business, and He pays his taxes, we file all the required paperwork necessary, so there are no problems with uncle sam. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, need to know if there is any way possible, what-so-ever to get him papers. I love him soooo much and i could not bare with someone taking him and everything we have obtained together, because he is not a us citizen and does not have a green card. What is the new thing that they are trying to pass I-301 or something like that. Will that help him, in any way? I know that you are probly just regular ppl like myself, but at one point and time you have been in my position, or know someone who has. I am begging you, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me. I have currently taken it in to my hands, to help him get citizen status here. I am going to consult with lawyers all this week. If any of you know the best lawyers in the Charlotte NC area please tell me........ Hell it can even be in nc for that matter. I just need some one who is going to fight for us, and help me obtain what i need. Money is not an object. I will pay $10,000 if i have to. As long as it is guarenteed, that he will get his papers. thank you and any advice helpful is much welcomed.

As he entered the country illegally he cannot change status nor legalize his stay.

Top Dem's immigration move shakes up House
    Gephardt bill favors chance for legal status

By Sergio Bustos
    Gannett News Service
    Oct. 11, 2002

WASHINGTON - The top Democrat in the House introduced a bill Thursday that would give millions of illegal immigrants a chance to earn legal residency, a move criticized by Republicans as "a naked public relations stunt."

They said Democrats are currying favor with Hispanics before next month's crucial midterm elections.

Hispanics represent most of the nation's 9 million illegal immigrants.

The measure, introduced by House Majority Leader Dick Gephardt, D-Mo., would legalize illegal immigrants who had lived here for five consecutive years and had worked here at least two years.

Another provision could potentially reunite millions of immigrant families who have petitioned the federal government to have immediate relatives living abroad admitted into the country.

It would lift the annual cap on the admission of the spouses, unmarried minor children and parents of U.S. citizens.

"This the first step toward comprehensive immigration reform that will recognize immigrants who have been working and contributing to this country while also increasing our security," Gephardt said at a Capitol Hill news conference.

Joining Gephardt were Hispanic and Asian-American lawmakers and several key immigration advocates, including the National Council of La Raza, the nation's largest Hispanic civil rights group.

The measure stands almost no chance of passage before year's end because it is controversial and most Republicans in the GOP-controlled House oppose it. They say it would reward those who broke the law.

"To bring up an immigration provision three weeks before the election is just a naked public relations stunt by Democrats to counteract the slide in their popularity with Hispanic voters," said Danny Diaz, spokesman for the National Republican Congressional Committee, which provides financial support to GOP candidates running for the House.

An outraged Rep. Sheila Jackson-Lee, D-Texas, charged that GOP lawmakers and President Bush, who was pursuing a plan to legalize up to 3 million illegal Mexican immigrants before last year's terrorist attacks, are unwilling to debate any kind of immigration reform legislation.

"My question is, Why have they done nothing since (the attacks) on this issue?" she said. "That should be the shame and the question to Republicans."

Although both major parties are courting Hispanics, immigration is not an issue that resonates with most Hispanic voters.

A poll released this month by the Pew Hispanic Center and the Kaiser Family Foundation indicated that education and the economy are the two most important issues to Hispanic voters.

Other high-priority issues included health care and Social Security, taxes, crime, moral values, abortion and AIDS.

That's not to say Hispanics don't favor immigration reform. The same poll said that 85 percent favor a proposal to give illegal Hispanic immigrants the chance to become legalized U.S. residents.

Two-thirds of non-Hispanic Whites and African-Americans polled also supported the idea.

Frank Sharry, executive director of the National Immigration Forum, which support Gephardt's bill, said he believes there is bipartisan support nationwide for immigration reform.

"What remains to be seen is whether both parties can come together to enact legislation," he said.

Sergio Bustos is a reporter for The Arizona Republic and Gannett News Service. Reach him at sbustos@gns.gannett.com or 1-(202) 906-8109

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH FOR THIS TID BIT OF INFO. IT HELPED ME SHED SOME LIGHT ON A COUPLE THINGS THAT O NEEDED TO KNOW. I REALLY APPRECIATE IT ALOT.
    VERY HELPFUL STUFF. AGAIN I CAN NOT THANK YOU ENOUGH. THANKS ALISHA