ILW.COM - the immigration portal Immigration Daily

Home Page

Immigration Daily


Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board



Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation


CLE Workshops

Immigration books

Advertise on ILW

VIP Network




Connect to us

Make us Homepage



The leading
immigration law
publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Reentry permit question

  1. #1
    Can I apply for a reentry permit if I have n400 pending?
    How long does it usually take to get one at Nebraska SC?

  2. #2
    Can I apply for a reentry permit if I have n400 pending?
    How long does it usually take to get one at Nebraska SC?

  3. #3
    Anyone's opinions on reentry permit! Please!

  4. #4
    hi ... sorry if i am not getting ur point correctly...give some more info...why would u need a reentry permit if u have pending N 400...??? dont u have a green card? Pasha

  5. #5
    Hi, I believe that Anna means "Advance parole". Eventhough Anna has a green card, since she has filed an N-400, then if she travels abroad without an advance parole then she would effectively abandon her N-400 application.

    I do not know the processing time for Advance parole at the Nebraska service center. Maybe someone else will respond with that info.

  6. #6
    hi malf...

    this is something new for me...may be i m wrong..but my mom in law didnt apply for any Advance Parole when she had her N 400 pending and Green Card only with herself she went out of country for 4 months...So dont know much...I think GC is still effective no matter N 400 is going on...isn't it like that? unless he GC has expired or didnt have one due to any reason with herself...may be lost or something like that?

    Have a nice day...! Pasha

  7. #7
    I take back my previous post. Since reading your reply, i did a search on the USCUS website and could find nowhere where it requires green card holders to apply for advance parole. Infact, the only scenario that i found where a greencard holder might need to file the I-131 was if he/she intended to remain outside of the US for more than 1 year. In this case the greencard holder would be applying for a re-entry permit.
    Therefore, based on what i have read, Anna may travel without filing any special forms with USCIS unless she plans to be outside the US for more than 1 year. However, Anna, ensure that you don't jeopardize your residency and physical presence requirements.

  8. #8
    Hi malf,
    you are right. any GC holder needs reentry permit (advance parole) if he plans to stay out of country more more than a year...

    Have a nice weekends...Pasha

  9. #9
    a I-327 is a reentry permit for use by LPR'S if out of the U.S. for up to 2 years.

    a I-512 is the advance parole and for use inorder to leave and reenter the U.S. by people in AOS.

    the form to file for both is the I-131.

  10. #10
    question: does a gc holder also need to get a AP when he/she would like to work overseas for a US company?

Similar Threads

  1. Reentry permit
    By starkk in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-14-2010, 06:48 PM
  2. reentry permit
    By BHS64 in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-19-2006, 08:52 AM
  3. question on reapplying for a Reentry permit
    By nguyen man in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-15-2005, 12:40 PM
  4. Reentry Permit
    By in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-12-2003, 05:16 PM
  5. Reentry permit
    By in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-08-2003, 05:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Put Free Immigration Law Headlines On Your Website

Immigration Daily: the news source for legal professionals. Free! Join 35000+ readers Enter your email address here: