Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Social security #

Dear Mr. Mohan,

I got my employment authorization. I had a social security no. before. Do I have to go back to the office to get a new one or Can I endorse this number to the new authorization card or can I use the old number? Pls confirm please. Kindly I need an answer today.

Thanks
    Kevin

Dear Mr. Mohan,

I got my employment authorization. I had a social security no. before. Do I have to go back to the office to get a new one or Can I endorse this number to the new authorization card or can I use the old number? Pls confirm please. Kindly I need an answer today.

Thanks
    Kevin

You can use the old number. Go to the SS office and show them your new card; I assume it's the I-688. They will then change your SS card and on it , there will be a line saying 'Authorized to work only with INS permission' something like that.

You need to go to Social Security office, fill out new form and present EAD. The SS number will remain the same. You'll receive new SS card with notation "Valid for work with INS (USCIS?) authorization".

Ghost

Actually got my ss # in 1993. I did not use my work authorization also, I left the country for an emergency and could n't come back. So I dinot pay tax or anything. Is this Ok if I go and show my # to them

Thanks
    kevin

Sorry, Ghost. We must have been typing our replies at the same time.

In their form they ask do you have a ss#. Do you want me to tel them the number or leave it blank? pls help. I do not want to mae a mistake.

Thanks
    anyone pls

Sorry, I did not thank you at all. Sorry for my mistakes. Pls let me know do I have to give them my ss#. pls help me
    Thanks
    Kevin

No prob Aibolit,

Use your same number. If they tell you it's not in, you can always apply for a new one. The last thing you want is two social on your name.

Dear friends,

Tomorrow when I go to the office, I will tell them or fill the application with the old ss# and other details and will submit the authorization card, if I do not write he ss# in that column is that OK? pls confirm

Thanks

Kevin