free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I-485

The limit time of my I-485 has passed and until now I've been waiting for my fingerprints appointement.

Is there anyone in the same situation?

My petition was filed in Texas Center.

The limit time of my I-485 has passed and until now I've been waiting for my fingerprints appointement.

Is there anyone in the same situation?

My petition was filed in Texas Center.

I filled I-485 in april 1997 along with I-130 I-130 got approved in 1998 but I-485 is pending, still waiting, not even finger print.

Prag...has the INS explained what is causing the delay?

No.

I filed my I-485 along with I-130 Sept. 2001, got approval of I-130 and still waiting on I-485. INS originally denied I-485 based on entry into the US as a crewman without inspection and missed the April 30th deadline. But I had a I-95 crewman's pass for 29 days and I failed to return to the ship. My real delemia is from what I have read the inspectors would not have issued the I-95 without me providing proof of legality to come to the US. I just don't understand what the hold up is. Why they won't consider me to have entered legally with inspection and issue me a green card. The I-130 was approved so a family based visa is available for me. Why does it take so long. The wait is driving me crazy.

You are entered as crewmen and fail to depart. you was not inspected thats why your I-485 was denied. you are entered illigally thats what presumed by INS.
    Under 245.1 (b) (2) you are bared to adjust your status. I will be surprised if INS will adjust your pending application. thats the fact.

It is not the fact that you had a Crewman's pass. It's the fact that you failed to leave. That minute, you were in illegal status w/o knowledge or clearance by the INS.

If I wasn't inspected why do I have an I-95 arrival/departue record? What is considered as being inspected? Thanks for the info.

OK so I failed to return to my ship, why is this not considered an overstay. My I-95 allowed me 29 days in the US. What is the difference? What can I do now? I have an approved EAC (which will expire on 12/2/02-have filed for extension, but no answer yet). Am I a candidate for deporation or will they give me more time?