Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please, Anyone

Hi Friends,

I am a USC, born and raised here. I have a Love that is residing in Italy at the moment illegally (over stayed his visitors visa if I understand him right). He is trying so hard to find work there so he can pay to have legal documents written up, but no one will hire him since he is illegal. He is originally from Morocco, but has not been back home for almost 11 years.

We have been in contact with each other now for over two years, but we have never met. I know what all of you are going to say about this, but please, understand me. I really have to trust my instincts here. It has never failed me yet. I know there is always a first time, but how will I know until I have tried.

I just don't know what to do or who to contact to bring him here. We are both in a finacial bind that bars us from meeting even though I have a very respectable, fairly good paying, and stable career. I really need him here with me and I know that even if it doesn't work, I will be able to help him find a good start here and we would always remain friends, but I know in my heart we will be so happy together.

Please, tell me, advice me, suggest to me, anything and everything that I may be able to do to get him here.

Until we meet, my life is on hold.

Thanks for taking your time to read this, for your understanding, and your suggestions.

Hi Friends,

I am a USC, born and raised here. I have a Love that is residing in Italy at the moment illegally (over stayed his visitors visa if I understand him right). He is trying so hard to find work there so he can pay to have legal documents written up, but no one will hire him since he is illegal. He is originally from Morocco, but has not been back home for almost 11 years.

We have been in contact with each other now for over two years, but we have never met. I know what all of you are going to say about this, but please, understand me. I really have to trust my instincts here. It has never failed me yet. I know there is always a first time, but how will I know until I have tried.

I just don't know what to do or who to contact to bring him here. We are both in a finacial bind that bars us from meeting even though I have a very respectable, fairly good paying, and stable career. I really need him here with me and I know that even if it doesn't work, I will be able to help him find a good start here and we would always remain friends, but I know in my heart we will be so happy together.

Please, tell me, advice me, suggest to me, anything and everything that I may be able to do to get him here.

Until we meet, my life is on hold.

Thanks for taking your time to read this, for your understanding, and your suggestions.

if you have a respectable career as you say, then you can afford a ticket for $300 round trip to go meet him that'all what you need..he can accommodate you cannot he ???
    I think it's better to meet him before taking any further step...good luck

well i forgot to add that you cannot file for him unless he is yr fiance or husband,,yes INS are kind of old fashion lol
    if you have not met him physically, INS do not
    approve...
    good luck

I understand, kind of how I met my wife but I was in the US at the time.

I assume you guys chat on the internet? My friend is right, in order to be able to file a "fiance" visa you guys have to meet physically at least once! I think you can arrange that if you want to be him. Then you can come back and file the fiance visa and he can come over to US after its approval and you guys can get married in 90 days after his arrival. Sounds simple, but his illegal status in Italy? That might be a problem yet I have no information on that.

I wish you the best, I hope you guys can get together.

God Bless...

As suggested in above threads, it will be better to go to Italy for a week or so and meet the guy. After that if you still feel, this person is love of your life, then make a second trip get married there stay with him for couple of weeks and sponsor him at U.S. Consulate in Italy. It will be very fast and when he will be here, he will get Green Card. If you want to take it easy, then visit him and get engaged, have photographs together and sponsor him for Fiance Visa, as suggested by Bushmaster.
    Good Luck.

I would like to thank each of you for your kind and generous responses. I know you do not know all of the details about our situations. We have been talking by phone for 2 years and yes we did meet in chat.

I am a teacher, and I just got custody of my grandson (young grandma, wink). I just bought a house about 2 years ago and am sending my youngest son through college. I have just about used all of my sick days and personal leave from work because of all of the court days that have been involved in my grandsons case. I co-signed for my other daughter on a car and wound up having to refinance it for a very steep monthly payment. Believe me, if I could have found a plane ticket for $300 we would have met by now. But, now that I have my grandson, it would really be hard for me to take that trip.

But, since we are on the subject, does anyone know if we would be able to follow through with the fiance' visa since he is not legal in Italy?

I really hope some of this clears things up a little better and yes, I am doing my best to come up with the money and the time to meet him.

Thank you again for your concern and your advice.

God Bless all of you, also.

There seems no other way out. Until you meet him and have a ring ceremony, he can not be labelled as your Fiance. So you will have to take a trip. May be you will have to make some arrangements for your grandson or take him to Italy with you.
    Good luck.

I'm an Italian Citizen and an American Citizen. I live in Italy.

An American tourist (which is what you are) has no rights whatsoever to come to Italy and marry a person who is an illegal alien in this country. Even if you applied for and were granted an Italian resident visa, you would not be allowed to marry an illegal alien because you are not an Italian citizen.

Your boyfriend has to go back to Morocco (where he is legal) and you can go there and marry him.

Regarding Italian Laws, the people living there or Italians know better. As Cecibean says that illegals can not get married in Italy, it would be better to discuss with your love. May be this law mentioned by Cecibean is for Italians not for people from other nations.
    Good Luck.