50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: To move or not to move??

I filed the I-485 at the Atlanta's District office in October 2002 but I am wondering should I move to another place where the offices are faster? Does anyone have any experiences as to whathappens to your application when you move?

I filed the I-485 at the Atlanta's District office in October 2002 but I am wondering should I move to another place where the offices are faster? Does anyone have any experiences as to whathappens to your application when you move?

Personally, moving bacause of processing times seems rather useless. These processing times are merely a reflection of the average time of process. Each case is different and will take time accordingly. Moving to a faster district does not mean your application will move with you. You would have to file a change of address form, if you do not you will be found deportable.

http://www.immigrate2us.net
    I am not a lawyer nor do I claim to be one so please double-check any information given by me, or anyone else for that matter, with a certified (immigration)lawyer before you take any further steps.

Hi Aviboo

I believe u r currently using Texas Ser center.. is that correct? Some of those AOS are taking up to 3years depending on what area from.

If you move you may leave your file at the serv center where it was filed. just report change of address for notifications and compliance.

If you move and want to have your file transferred to a new Serv. Center where u live... this you have to request for your file to be transferred. Of course there can be problems such as losing your file or many times file transfer request not processed for up to 4 months. The upside is if you got moved to an East coast SErv. Center such as Vermont, your application would be processed in as little as 4 to 6 months and have interview.