free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: ? on Indian citizenship

Hey Friends,
    First of all thank you for reading this post. Okay now I was just wondering since me and my wife are planning on going to India next year (Oct-Nov 2004) and since she is a USC she has to apply for an Indian visa right? Now my question is would it be possible for my wife to apply for an Indian citizenship since I am a Indian citizen? I am awaiting my AOS pending case.

Raju

Hey Friends,
    First of all thank you for reading this post. Okay now I was just wondering since me and my wife are planning on going to India next year (Oct-Nov 2004) and since she is a USC she has to apply for an Indian visa right? Now my question is would it be possible for my wife to apply for an Indian citizenship since I am a Indian citizen? I am awaiting my AOS pending case.

Raju

Hi Raju,
    They are about to pass "Dual citizenship", so personally I think you should wait. If your wife is of Indian origin and resident of India, she qualifies for Indian citizenship. However she can apply for PIO card (person of Indian origin) which is as good as passport with all rights of buying property etc... except for voting. In that case you don't need a visa if you have PIO card.More information you can get through this link...
    http://www.cgihouston.org/
    Regards. Pasha

Hi Pasha,
    Thank you for the quick response. Well to start with my wife is NOT of indian origin (she is american)but she knows more about India and my culture then i have known anyone i know. With the way we are and things are i am sure my kids will get instant citizenship of both the countries (India and US). Please let me know your thoughts or ofcourse we can always apply for a 10 years visa for her. Thank you once again.

Raju

Hi Raju,
    I would like to help you but I am not a lawyer. But what I suggest you is go to www.bharatmatrimony.com and on the left side down there, link called legal where Indian lawyer answers to any question regarding matrimony. You should just write that you got married to American and what should be done in order to get Indian citizenship and u can ask about dual citizenship also. That lawyer answers every 15 days but its worth to ask somebody who has knowledge of Indian laws...if you find difficulties getting that link on that page let me know.....Wish you all the best...Pasha

Hi Pasha,
    Thank you once again for the quick response. I will try that link you were talking about and yes if i have problems with the site then ofcourse i will let you know. Thank you so much.

Raju