50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Why? Why? and still WHY????

Ok, people, here's the story. My dad got J1 visa when we entered US, and us (kids under 21) got J2 of course. Now, we were aware of that, when us kids turn 21 we won't be able to have J2 visa. My twin and I turned 21 in April 2002, and we sent a "no objection" for visa waiver thingie, and our Embassy even sent the copy of their letter in February, to show what they sent to the US Dept. of St. Then we knew that we have our case number, so we don't have to just leave in April, since all we are waiting for is the answer from them whether "yes" or "no", and if they said yes, we would've left the country, and apply for F student visa. But we didn't get answer in June, and couldn't apply for college, since they wouldn't issue an I-20, and it's now the end of December, and whenever I check our status, it always says there hasn't been made any decision yet. Now, what the heck should I do? By the way, we already left the country, because we were scared, that even though we have case numbers, they still would look at us as CRIMINALS for overstaying even the grace period. So, what should we do? I mean, COME ON! So many people got their answers, and here we are having our rest of the family in US, and here were are rottening, and waiting, and CRYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any advices??? Thank you a million, Sophia,and Anna

Ok, people, here's the story. My dad got J1 visa when we entered US, and us (kids under 21) got J2 of course. Now, we were aware of that, when us kids turn 21 we won't be able to have J2 visa. My twin and I turned 21 in April 2002, and we sent a "no objection" for visa waiver thingie, and our Embassy even sent the copy of their letter in February, to show what they sent to the US Dept. of St. Then we knew that we have our case number, so we don't have to just leave in April, since all we are waiting for is the answer from them whether "yes" or "no", and if they said yes, we would've left the country, and apply for F student visa. But we didn't get answer in June, and couldn't apply for college, since they wouldn't issue an I-20, and it's now the end of December, and whenever I check our status, it always says there hasn't been made any decision yet. Now, what the heck should I do? By the way, we already left the country, because we were scared, that even though we have case numbers, they still would look at us as CRIMINALS for overstaying even the grace period. So, what should we do? I mean, COME ON! So many people got their answers, and here we are having our rest of the family in US, and here were are rottening, and waiting, and CRYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any advices??? Thank you a million, Sophia,and Anna

I wish I could give you any useful advice. I hope you'll find a solution to your problem and everything works out well. Sok szernecset lanyok.

May we ask you where are you from? Your "sok szerencset" was really nice! Well, if you hear any stuff that might concern our situation, just let us know by replying again to this message posted here. Thank you, Bye, "szia"

as far as I know, adjudication to a student visa is only possible from abroad (this is a new rule, i think) so you should be on the right track. Perhaps even approved already!

What is a J1/J2 visa and can your parents sponsor you in any other way (family reunification etc.)? Good luck!

P.s. I've got an identical twin, too, though it's hard at your age to be seperated from family, at least you've got your sis with you :-)
    (I don't :-(

Awww........that must be really bad without your twin...I would die without her. I guess...anyways, I checked our result on the internet, but it keeps saying that there hasn't been made any decision yet! And it's almost a year that we started this whole process! Thanks for the good luck though. And I hope you'll see your twin soon! Bye bye
    ps:thanks for answering!