free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Citizenship by a grandparent

Hello ! I would like to know if someone experienced citizenship by a grandparent. My case is because I have the proof my grandparents were U.S. residents but it was in 1900. What were the U.S. immigration laws at this time ? Were they U.S. citizen by simply living in the U.S. ?

thanks

Hello ! I would like to know if someone experienced citizenship by a grandparent. My case is because I have the proof my grandparents were U.S. residents but it was in 1900. What were the U.S. immigration laws at this time ? Were they U.S. citizen by simply living in the U.S. ?

thanks

I think this is something you should know better than us.
    Your grandparents? You should know your family's background instead of coming here.
    Ask me something else, not this.

Good Luck!

Umesh is right.
    Sorry.

I'm surprised that none of those people that kept on calling themselves the people who like to help, yeahh, i'm surprised that you did not get a real advice. And if we would put those posts aside,
    you would realize that NOONE bothered to help you , even though they say that their purpose is to help.
    Shame on you, guys!

where is mohan(the helper), where is guest, where is guestuser, where are the rest of the "good people with good advices, the good helpers"?
    Where are they?
    They did not try to help you because they do not care about people. The proof is right here.

I'm sorry , I wish I could answer, but I can't. I'm not familiar with the laws in 1900.

Sorry.
    I'll try to look into that.

Take Care,

I say, u never know unless u try--You can always do a privacy act information request for your grandparents with the I.N.S (although I think if the SUBJECT got his/her residency in the early 1900's, another department(aside from I.N.S) adresses such request. All the information you need to file such application is on the privacy act request form--read it carefully.

If u're able to trace your grandparent's status sucessfully and you discover that they were citizens. Then, you can proceed to the next level, which is seeking derivative status as a grandchild.

Goodluck and if you have any other questions, i'm willing to offer further advice. Bye.

LET'S SEE........
    They were residents in 1990.(you don't know if they ever applied for citizenship--so we don't know if they were citizens or not)
    Now thinking that it takes a long time to become a gc holder if you're sponsored by your parents, then it would be even harder(longer time) to be sponsored by your granparents.
    Of course, it now depends how old you are.
    There could be a lot of possibilities.
    Did they ever apply for citizenship?(gc is valid only 10 years)
    Did they die (i'm sorry i have to say the word)sometime in the 10 year frame or after?
    .....etc., etc., etc.
    I will need more details-of course, if you do know them.
    Ok?
    ps. I only used my logic here.

At a price. I don't charge much.