Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Further question from Illegal Alien

Hi again

Following up from my post yesterday - " GC questions for Illegal Alien"

Thanks to the people who answered my question from yesterday, the replies were bad news, but confirmed the doubts i had.

The advice seems to be to stay here and solve my issues rather than return to the UK to do it. However, my understanding was that, since i am here in the US illegally, there was NO way to become LPR while here, that there was no process to follow in order to do this??

Can someone please correct me on this, and explain what will be involved if i stay in the US and attempt to attain GC and LPR status, what procedures will i have to follow, how long can i expect it to take, cost?? will i be able to apply for AOS? can i obtain permission to work??

All help is gratefully received.

Thanks

Hi again

Following up from my post yesterday - " GC questions for Illegal Alien"

Thanks to the people who answered my question from yesterday, the replies were bad news, but confirmed the doubts i had.

The advice seems to be to stay here and solve my issues rather than return to the UK to do it. However, my understanding was that, since i am here in the US illegally, there was NO way to become LPR while here, that there was no process to follow in order to do this??

Can someone please correct me on this, and explain what will be involved if i stay in the US and attempt to attain GC and LPR status, what procedures will i have to follow, how long can i expect it to take, cost?? will i be able to apply for AOS? can i obtain permission to work??

All help is gratefully received.

Thanks

To put it simple...as long as 245(i) has not been extended there is little as no hope for you.

A waiver MIGHT be available for you but due to the complicated situation of yours there is only a very slim chance.

If you would leave the US you will be banned for 10 years so staying would be your only option BUT I personally think it is wrong, being illegal is the wrong to do a you are a burden to society. Might sound harsh but it is the truth.

Talk to an lawyer is all I can say.

Best of luck.