50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: N400, sealed proof of payment for speeding ticket

Hi All, I went to my N400 interview last and everything went fine until the officer asked about the speeding ticket. I had printed a copy from the county court website and I also provided a copy of my clean driving records. The officer told me that I still needed a sealed document from the court showing that I paid the ticket. I showed her the instructions on the N400 (no need to report speeding tickets less than 500), but she would not listen and she asked me to come back in 2 months with the sealed proof.

Well, if anyone here has a speeding ticket, you will be better off having a sealed proof. Some officers can be nasal and there is no way of knowing in advance which kind you would have at the interview.

I hope I have saved someone from extreme delay and frustration.

Peace.

Hi All, I went to my N400 interview last and everything went fine until the officer asked about the speeding ticket. I had printed a copy from the county court website and I also provided a copy of my clean driving records. The officer told me that I still needed a sealed document from the court showing that I paid the ticket. I showed her the instructions on the N400 (no need to report speeding tickets less than 500), but she would not listen and she asked me to come back in 2 months with the sealed proof.

Well, if anyone here has a speeding ticket, you will be better off having a sealed proof. Some officers can be nasal and there is no way of knowing in advance which kind you would have at the interview.

I hope I have saved someone from extreme delay and frustration.

Peace.

Was it just one speeding ticket or more than one? In some regions, 3 or more tickets can get you denied (NY and WA are known to be bad for that). They claim it's a pattern of bad behavior and therefore "lack of good moral conduct".

I had a move-over ticket and a speeding ticket but she didn't want to see them or evidence they were paid. Sounds like you had the I/O from he-ll. Bad luck. I guess you'll have to go and do what she asks for. For nasal read an-al LOL
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Thank Brit for your reply.

I dont think the issue was because of the number of tickets, but rather because of my first name (muslim sounding name). The lady was very intense from the get go and I can perfectly understand. I have never been to a mosque nor practiced the religion. But with my name, there is no way I can prove that. So, I have to accept the regular setbacks and deal with the reality of life.

This too will past.

Because she was a stupid lady.
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">she would not listen and </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kumna:
    Thank Brit for your reply.

I dont think the issue was because of the number of tickets, but rather because of my first name (muslim sounding name). The lady was very intense from the get go and I can perfectly understand. I have never been to a mosque nor practiced the religion. But with my name, there is no way I can prove that. So, I have to accept the regular setbacks and deal with the reality of life.

This too will past. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Kumna,

I really hope the lady didn't treat you unfairly because she thought you were a Muslim. I thought with FBI background checks and such, they would not do racial profiling at the naturalization interview. Anyway, you have a good attitude about it and I wish you good luck.