50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: VWP

Does anyone know if there is a limit on how many times you can enter the US under the VWP?

I couldn't find any answers on the INS homepage.
    Some people say only 5 but I think it's always up to the officer who inspects you.

I have been in the US 6 times under the VWP without hassle. (even 2 times 3 months).

Does anyone know if there is a limit on how many times you can enter the US under the VWP?

I couldn't find any answers on the INS homepage.
    Some people say only 5 but I think it's always up to the officer who inspects you.

I have been in the US 6 times under the VWP without hassle. (even 2 times 3 months).

There is no limit to how many times you can enter the US on the VWP as long as there is a gap between visits. For example, if you come in January, leave on April and then come back again in July all of the same year, that's alright. They will get suspicious if you leave and come right back. The INS have told us that a 90 day period between visits is good.

VWP law indicates no restrictions on how many times you can enter.

The answer to your question is probably, that how many times you enter, is not important. The pattern of your stays is far more important.

Somebody who enters 20 times per year for short business visits or transit, is far less likely to be denied entry, that somebody who enters 3 times per year and stays 85 days on each visit.
    Beware of taxes, if you stay too long (too complicated to explain here), you are liable for US taxes even if you don't live there.
    PLEASE don't abuse the VWP, by doing so, you give problems to non abusing users!

20 times is not so unusual. If you travel between Europe and Latin America once every month, and make a transit stop in the USA (many people do), you will accumulate 24 USA entry stamps in one year!

Thanx for the reply,

and I will definately NOT abuse the VWP. Why would someone do this anyways? It's a anique gift that we have to treasure because we don't have the paperwork hassle.

I asked this question coz some people told me this and got me a lil scared.