Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: H4 problem

Hello there,
    I need legal help with the following case:

I'm an H1B visa holder. I got married on October 16, 2001 while still at college. My wife was on B1 status when we got married with her I-94 expiring on January 15 2002. A while after we were married I went to my international student advisor (my wife holds an Israeli passport and I, Bulgarian) to change her status from B1 to F2. He took my I-20 and her passport and kept them for about a week. That gave me the impression that he was going to change her status. When I took back the documents I notice my wife's name on the back of the I-20.
    I graduated in May 2002 and in February 2003 I got a job offer from an American company that was willing to sponsor me for H1.
    I got my H1 visa in June 2003. In August 2003, my wife went back to Israel to apply for an H4. The consular officer told her that she was out of status for more than two years. My wife insisted that she had F2 status. The officer then asked where is the form for change of status.
    My wife has a visa which is valid until 2005 and which was not revoked at Consulate.
    How should I bring her back?

Sincerely,
    M.Nikolov

Hello there,
    I need legal help with the following case:

I'm an H1B visa holder. I got married on October 16, 2001 while still at college. My wife was on B1 status when we got married with her I-94 expiring on January 15 2002. A while after we were married I went to my international student advisor (my wife holds an Israeli passport and I, Bulgarian) to change her status from B1 to F2. He took my I-20 and her passport and kept them for about a week. That gave me the impression that he was going to change her status. When I took back the documents I notice my wife's name on the back of the I-20.
    I graduated in May 2002 and in February 2003 I got a job offer from an American company that was willing to sponsor me for H1.
    I got my H1 visa in June 2003. In August 2003, my wife went back to Israel to apply for an H4. The consular officer told her that she was out of status for more than two years. My wife insisted that she had F2 status. The officer then asked where is the form for change of status.
    My wife has a visa which is valid until 2005 and which was not revoked at Consulate.
    How should I bring her back?

Sincerely,
    M.Nikolov