50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Umesh - Please. Baltimore N-400 Q

Dear Umesh, thanks for your generosity in paying attention to this forum. I find your comments as concise and just.

Myself and my wife applied for Citizenship Using n-400 under the Baltimore district. We have been finger printed and took the citizenship test at the end of Nov, 2002. We now have a date in mid-March to appear for Interview in Baltimore. My GC was obtained through LC in Nov 1997.

Now my question is - for Baltimore district
    1. What are the steps after the Interview? Time frame for BALT for each steps.
    2. How long before Naturalization certificate?
    3. What are the crucial docs we should take besides the one the INS letter list?

Thanks Umesh and would very much appreciate a bit of elaboration during answers.

Dear Umesh, thanks for your generosity in paying attention to this forum. I find your comments as concise and just.

Myself and my wife applied for Citizenship Using n-400 under the Baltimore district. We have been finger printed and took the citizenship test at the end of Nov, 2002. We now have a date in mid-March to appear for Interview in Baltimore. My GC was obtained through LC in Nov 1997.

Now my question is - for Baltimore district
    1. What are the steps after the Interview? Time frame for BALT for each steps.
    2. How long before Naturalization certificate?
    3. What are the crucial docs we should take besides the one the INS letter list?

Thanks Umesh and would very much appreciate a bit of elaboration during answers.

Immigration has sent you a letter as to what documents they will need. Most important is your GC and Passport in addition to Interview letter. At the time of interview they will ask you some Civic question and some American History questions, which you can download from www.immigration.gov
    You should name of your Governor, Mayer, Congressman and Senators of your State.
    After interview it usually take 1 to 3 months for Oath Ceremony.
    Good luck.

Dear Umesh, thanks very much for your kind reply. The scenario you describe, is this applicable for Baltimore office? I get a feeling that since the CIVIC Question test was done during fingerprinting, this may not be an issue during the interview - 1.

2. Are you saying that it takes about 1 - 3 months after the interview to get the oath ceremony in Baltimore office?

Your assistance is extremely valuable to me, thanks again.

At the time of Interview, Immigration Officer will ask some question about American History and Civics, then ask you to read and write English. After Interview it takes 1 to 3 months for Oath Ceremony.
    Good luck.