free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: name spelled incorrect

om from philippines,my petition was converted to ir2 category,it was under f1 family based at first. my mom filed the petitioned when i was about to turned 21 yrs old,and it was approved,so now that theres a law to those who aged out,im qualified for it.
    my problem is this.i filled in the visa application form last month and i filled in there my name Joycee which is double letter E,because thats the spelling i thought my name is,so now im suppose to send the requirements after sending the ds 230 partt 1 and 2 but when i get my birth sertificate authenticated by the national stat office because its one of the requirements by the nvc,it showed there that my name was Joyce with one letter E,will it complicate my application?can i use an affidavit of support to show that those names belongs to one person only...please advice

om from philippines,my petition was converted to ir2 category,it was under f1 family based at first. my mom filed the petitioned when i was about to turned 21 yrs old,and it was approved,so now that theres a law to those who aged out,im qualified for it.
    my problem is this.i filled in the visa application form last month and i filled in there my name Joycee which is double letter E,because thats the spelling i thought my name is,so now im suppose to send the requirements after sending the ds 230 partt 1 and 2 but when i get my birth sertificate authenticated by the national stat office because its one of the requirements by the nvc,it showed there that my name was Joyce with one letter E,will it complicate my application?can i use an affidavit of support to show that those names belongs to one person only...please advice

How you name is spelled on your passport and educatinal documents? You can send copy of your passport to NVC showing spellings of your name you are using with double "EE" and it should be fine.

So you lied about your named on the U.S immigration document?. Also since your passport is not the correct spelling of your name it is likely your passport will be considered invalid by U.S immigration. Its probably over for you

It will be no problem. No need to explain anything before hand. Just be ready to explain at the visa interview.

Yeah but did she make the same "mistake" with her name on her passport application? If so then her passport could be considered fake??

hello,everyone.im not intending to fake my passport,i even want to use the name on my birth cerificate which is one letter E,but im not sure yet if it will complicate on my application which is doubled letter ,
    so Tak said,its ok if i used the one E on my passport but the thing is,some of my school records has double E and some are one E,but on my kids birth certificate,i always used double E
    thanks,and to englishintern,i didnt lied to them,i didnt get my passport yet bcoz of this thing i encountered now,i just want to get an advise if its ok if i will use my name stated on my birth cert on my passport which is single E even if my visa application has doubled E.
    thanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by joycangel:
    hello,everyone.im not intending to fake my passport,i even want to use the name on my birth cerificate which is one letter E,but im not sure yet if it will complicate on my application which is doubled letter ,
    so Tak said,its ok if i used the one E on my passport but the thing is,some of my school records has double E and some are one E,but on my kids birth certificate,i always used double E
    thanks,and to englishintern,i didnt lied to them,i didnt get my passport yet bcoz of this thing i encountered now,i just want to get an advise if its ok if i will use my name stated on my birth cert on my passport which is single E even if my visa application has doubled E.
    thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Make **** sure to write the name on the passport application AS IT APPEARS ON YOUR BIRTH CERTIFICATE and then explain to the American Embassy u made a spelling error and u should be ok.

Who cares how we spell your name; you should be kissing the sacred AMERICAN soil and keep your shoes on so your stinky feet do not blemish this sacred land.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SonofMichael:
    Who cares how we spell your name; you should be kissing the sacred AMERICAN soil and keep your shoes on so your stinky feet do not blemish this sacred land. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Be nice, SOM!!!!!!