publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: AOS interview, better not going or go and fail?

Me and my husband are having our AOS interview in a week and we are very scared of being denied...

The reason is because even though we have been married for 12 months, we had fights after 4 months and separeted, now we are back together again since last week only...and we don't have many proof that our marriage is legit...

Whats best? Go to the interview anyway and risk to be denied and deported or not go to the interview and re-apply for AOS?

Me and my husband are having our AOS interview in a week and we are very scared of being denied...

The reason is because even though we have been married for 12 months, we had fights after 4 months and separeted, now we are back together again since last week only...and we don't have many proof that our marriage is legit...

Whats best? Go to the interview anyway and risk to be denied and deported or not go to the interview and re-apply for AOS?

You should go to interview. What you need is your lease, utility bills, joint Bank account, Marriage Photographs and any other proof like photographs with friends and family and of functions attened by both etc. If you are living together now then I will suggest you to go for this interview. If they need more information, Immigration Officer will let you know, but do no miss this interview.
    Good luck.

Umesh,

We dont have much to prove that we were together... we havent been together for the last 8 months, no rental agreement, no bills, no car insurance and as far as pictures are concerned, my husband burnt them last year once he had a fight and he left me... I just have a few pictures of our wedding that I kept in my purse at that time.

Maybe we should re-apply for a new AOS.

You and your husband can write to the Immigration for a new Interview date because you need time to collect some proofs and papers etc. They will send another date for interview of 6 - 8 months. In the meantime, you can collect all required documents. Do not waste money on applying again for AOS.
    Good luck.

Thank Umesh,

I just sent a letter to request a postponement of the interview a few days ago, I hope they will accept it or else me and my husband will just cross our fingers and go to the interview anyway.

Keep copy of that letter and postal receipt with other important Immigration papers. You will get another letter for interview for about 5 - 6 months. If you have mailed that letter, so do not go there for interview and if there is any complication then you can show them letter and postal receipt.
    Good luck and God bless you.

Yes, I kept copy and postal receipt.
    If they dont give me an answer by the time of the interview, I will go to the office at the time the interview is scheduled and tell them to reschedule.

By the way, an other thing that doesnt make much sense...its about Certified Mail...even if you have a receipt, how can you prove what was in the envelope? There is no prove that you mailed this form or that form... yes INS received a letter from you, but who can prove what was in it?