50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Someone please help me! Is there no other way?

I've been dating a girl from The Republic of Moldova for a few months and it's practically come down to this: I have to marry her or she is basically going nowhere in life, without a U.S. citizenship you can't really get anywhere or do anything.

She came here on a student visa a little over a year ago, and she just stayed - so now she is illegally here.

So is getting married her ONLY option for getting some paperwork? She wants to go to school, go back and visit her family, find different types of jobs - but can't do any of it.

I don't want to get married, I've only known her for maybe 2 months now, but there doesn't seem to be any other way to stay together in this situation

I hope someone has a different perspective

Maybe I don't understand how some women come from Europe, find an American man, and get married within a few months. Now that I'm living out this situation, it feels like so much pressure - such a forced mindset to get married based on urgency and situation.

Well, thanks for reading. Sorry If I carried on too long.

I've been dating a girl from The Republic of Moldova for a few months and it's practically come down to this: I have to marry her or she is basically going nowhere in life, without a U.S. citizenship you can't really get anywhere or do anything.

She came here on a student visa a little over a year ago, and she just stayed - so now she is illegally here.

So is getting married her ONLY option for getting some paperwork? She wants to go to school, go back and visit her family, find different types of jobs - but can't do any of it.

I don't want to get married, I've only known her for maybe 2 months now, but there doesn't seem to be any other way to stay together in this situation

I hope someone has a different perspective

Maybe I don't understand how some women come from Europe, find an American man, and get married within a few months. Now that I'm living out this situation, it feels like so much pressure - such a forced mindset to get married based on urgency and situation.

Well, thanks for reading. Sorry If I carried on too long.

Sounds like a trap. If she came here with legitimate intentions of getting a degree, she would not have dropped out of school.

If you don't want to get married, then don't. Any marriage based on getting her a green card is bound to fail and you will be financially responsible for her for most of your life.

It looks like she is using you.

Unless she is an excellent cook and keeps a perfect house, get out of there as quick as you can.

Usually girls who are good at domestic chores will make a good wife. It is those who are attractive but no domestic skills who are tryign to use you.

I do agree that a marriage based on her getting a green card is doomed. It just seems like they have totally different perspective on the whole thing - like marriage is a simple thing you should do it when you get the chance or you might miss the boat. She constantly says that If I really wanted to be with her then I would make the sacrifice and help her at the same time - that I don't really know If I want to be with her unless I decide to marry her.

Maybe European women don't understand the concept of 'just having a girlfriend' - not for marriage intent primarily. But maybe all women don't think of anything but marriage in the their mid-twenties anyway.

She came on a student-work visa (just to clarify) - but it was only 3 months and she would be barred for 5-10 years if she left now.

I really don't know what to do The feeling that everything for a person depends on you is horrible. I don't even know if I'm in a realistic situation or if this is just the reality I should face up too and take on.

If she is asking you to make sacrifices, then she wants to use you to her benefit.

GET OUT OF THERE!

She is a SCAMMER !!!! Do not marry her. Do not marry American either. The only trustworthy women are on my sites below. Sign up for a tour and you can get a $300 early bird discount PLUS a $100 discount personally from me.

The whole immigration thing sounds like a very big and complicated system. I guess I knew very little to begin with.

It's hard to distinguish between thinking of someone as just a person trying to get to a better country and lead a better life - I guess she could have done it a different way, maybe she didn't know how. She came with a friend apparently (who apparently found some guy to marry her after being with him for 2-3 months)

I guess if there is no other way for her to get a green card (not get barred form re-entering) - then my only option is to leave the relationship - I certainly won't marry someone I've known a only few months. Especially if it comes with no only a marriage contract but a US Government contract to which I'm bound in all sorts of ways. Thats scary.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jaigst:
    The whole immigration thing sounds like a very big and complicated system. I guess I knew very little to begin with.

It's hard to distinguish between thinking of someone as just a person trying to get to a better country and lead a better life - I guess she could have done it a different way, maybe she didn't know how. She came with a friend apparently (who apparently found some guy to marry her after being with him for 2-3 months)

I guess if there is no other way for her to get a green card (not get barred form re-entering) - then my only option is to leave the relationship - I certainly won't marry someone I've known a only few months. Especially if it comes with no only a marriage contract but a US Government contract to which I'm bound in all sorts of ways. Thats scary. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Jaigst,

Welcome. I agree with the others here. Do not marry her for the sole purpose of making her legal. You will be making a commitment you might be sorry for later. Chances could be she is using you to get the green card. Why not offer to go marry her in her country and see what the reaction is?

Thanks to all who responded so far. It's good to hear other peoples perspectives.

We are of the same nationality, and do want to stay together - only she isn't a citizen and I am - but I would rather stay with her as my girlfriend and not marry her, at least not to quickly; perhaps not at all. I guess I can't have my cake and eat it too.

An attorney would just eat all her money and laugh all the way to the bank in this situation.

I constantly feel guilty because she keeps asking me why I don't want to help her and be with her - and that she doesn't have a choice except to go find someone who will help her. This ****s for me

Thanks again for all your replies so far.

your best bet is to marry her somewhere out of US like her country or wealthy place like Qatar or Dubai where u can work there, bottom line is, once she get her temporary green card, she will start the attitude till u divorce her and then file abuse against you to settle her Permanent green card. in Canada its worse because its only one interview but @ least in US they are so smart, this is why i will never ever marry from her someone who has no citizenship and if my luck will be with someone who doesn’t, then my option is to leave and i will never apply for till 10 years later where i am settled with her and kids. life is so scary and women in north America change because they know there are lots of guys around so i honestly think u should not be desperate and dont marry her. its your choice and u are taking a big big risk with this. i have nothing against women but i have enough experience to tell wut kind of women live iin this country,