publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: to Mohan, brownfox, Umesh, hanbal, and others - I have the chance to help someone and don't want to mess up!

Ok, folks, I have been asked to do something and want to make sure I don't blow this! An employee of ours, a US born citizen, is applying for adjustment of status for his wife. They have an interview appt on April 8th. I have been asked to write a letter on our company letterhead to include the following info: starting dates of employment, type of employment, rate of pay, and prospects for continued employment. Sounds simple enough, but I want to make sure everything necessary and helpful is included. Have any of you had to obtain this kind of letter? Is there anything I need to include that isn't listed? Is there anything I should make it a point to include? Do they want us to include anything about the employee's character? This guy is fantastic and we want to keep him permanently. I want to make sure I do this right - any insight is MOST welcome! I want to do this ASAP, preferably today, so our guy can get all his stuff together and not have to worry about anything.

Ok, folks, I have been asked to do something and want to make sure I don't blow this! An employee of ours, a US born citizen, is applying for adjustment of status for his wife. They have an interview appt on April 8th. I have been asked to write a letter on our company letterhead to include the following info: starting dates of employment, type of employment, rate of pay, and prospects for continued employment. Sounds simple enough, but I want to make sure everything necessary and helpful is included. Have any of you had to obtain this kind of letter? Is there anything I need to include that isn't listed? Is there anything I should make it a point to include? Do they want us to include anything about the employee's character? This guy is fantastic and we want to keep him permanently. I want to make sure I do this right - any insight is MOST welcome! I want to do this ASAP, preferably today, so our guy can get all his stuff together and not have to worry about anything.

We are a construction company and have pretty high turnover in the field - if work slows down, or another opportunity comes up, our guys will leave and return, sometimes several times over the years. This guy has been employed here four times total now, and each time we were so glad to have him back. If I list all his dates of employment, would it not look like he's undependable? Should I use only the most recent date, or include an explanation of the nature of our business?

You should write what was asked to write . if you write something more then that it will not look like real letter.

Makes sense, Mohan, thank you. You just never know, and this is such a big deal, I don't want to mess up and cause problems!