free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: reunification

Hi

Very often one reads in the newspapers etc regarding families being seperated due to outdated laws or procedures that do not reflect the basic principles of our immigration laws, i.e. family reunification. Looking at the bills before congress one sees many bills that have been introduced (for example, HR 1028, HR 814..)
    but have never been voted upon. Why does this happen ? The spirit of the message embodied in these bills reflect the guiding principles of the immigration laws (family reunification), but these never get voted upon. I was just curious to know as to why these biils are not of high importance ?

Hi

Very often one reads in the newspapers etc regarding families being seperated due to outdated laws or procedures that do not reflect the basic principles of our immigration laws, i.e. family reunification. Looking at the bills before congress one sees many bills that have been introduced (for example, HR 1028, HR 814..)
    but have never been voted upon. Why does this happen ? The spirit of the message embodied in these bills reflect the guiding principles of the immigration laws (family reunification), but these never get voted upon. I was just curious to know as to why these biils are not of high importance ?

"Family Unification" is far from American. That's why. Every other country will put Family Reunification first. Not the good ole US of A.

gOOD POINT...

people sometimes don't vote because we don't know how whom where...
    I am interested in many bills but don't know how to help push the congress vote for them...
    is there a website ??? do you have a link...
    thank you

You can do a simple search under your state's government to find out who your local, state and federal representatives are. Most of them have email addresses on their individual web sites. You can also get addresses and phone numbers for their various offices. Stay on them!

http://scorecard.aclu.org/

This site will tell you who your representatives are and how they have voted in the past, as well as how to contact them. We must write and write and write letters, sign petitions, send emails and faxes - whatever is necessary to let our representatives know what we want. We must tell them what we want so they will vote for us, as we cannot vote on many of these issues ourselves - unfortunately

If you look under immigration issues, the ACLU site also lists which laws have been introduced and are awaiting support. Many of these laws neveer make it to Congress, probably for lack of interest. If it's not on the nightly local news, chances are many people are not aware of it. For this we need to raise public awareness.